What you hate about other divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1- When I'm on a boat with students, do not feakin' lecture to them about how and what they are doing! I don't care who you are, what you've done, or how long you've been doing it. I've been polite so far......grrr.

2-Divers, professionals included, who have no clue how to thread or use a cam buckle strap correctly.

3- People who dive ONLY to hunt. I've got nothing against hunting per se, but these folks appear NEVER see the beauty aroung them. It's lobster season here now, and we've got divers who come down out of the desert, it seems, just to fill their freezers and go home. They dive 2 weeks out of the year. And they ***** and moan when you tell them that(if you work in a shop), JUST LIKE LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME!, their tanks needs a visual inspection.

4-Divers who won't share their snacks with me. :)

Neil

Electriczombie gets my vote for the best answer.

Caymaniac

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
2. Divers with really bright, clashing colors on their gear.

Don't you think this one's a bit harsh? I still see plenty of neon green, yellow and pink equipment that's in great and servicable shape. There's no need to discard it just because it's not all the rage "tech" black.

As a diver on a boat once said of his pink tanks, "At least I always know which ones are mine." :D

Marc :jester:

I was not implying that the odd colored gear was neglected or in poor condition. I personally just don't like it, and have all black gear...not because I want to look tech, black really is one of my favorite colors. I like everything to match and look uniform too.

I once heard a diver say that he purchased pink gear so no one would be tempted to steal it. Good idea. :)

the three color rule... BTW, is black really a color??? Isn't it the absense of (light) or conglomertation of all (reflection) colors?

I would love to find a completely blue or red or yellow wet suit... JUST so my students can identify me easily. Until then, I will always wear my Dee-Rag!

metridium once bubbled...

If I'm under the boat, or close enough, I'll burn the tank down to 400-500 psi. While it serves as an extended stop, I use the time to check out the midwater creatures, look for snails in the kelp, or simply run a few drills.

I do the same thing! I love burning off excess air at 15ft., especially if there are other divers in the water. It gives me a chance to watch them, observe for safety, check out marine life, gas off, work on bouyancy, work on breathing, check my compass for bearing (especially if we are diving again at the same site!) and basically enjoy some relaxing underwater time! :)

My dive buddy and I also use this time to work on signals and check gear and emergency procedure type stuff!

Leave the water with over 500PSI??? What a waste of good air!!!

Oh and my pet peeves are:
1) Small children on Liveaboards who are certified, yet can't gear up properly and need constant supervision. They shouldn't be diving. They are dangerous.

2) Divers who don't know their signals and say "huh?" a lot when going over emergency procedures.

3) Divers who give you the "OK" signal when you ask how much air they have left. They don't signal how much air they have left, they just signal "OK".

4) Divers who can't pay attention properly or talk during the dive briefing (especially if I am giving the briefing!)

5) Crabby divers and people who whine a lot.

6) Divers who lie about what they saw.

7) DM's who think they are God's gift to the dive world.

8) Super Models who refuse to answer my emails and go on long dive vacations with me! :)

9) Cattle boats

10) Awe struck divers who flail about when they see something cool.

Despite all this, I would rather put up with all of these on a single dive, then not dive at all! :)

Thanks,
Red Rover

???

NetDoc once bubbled...
the three color rule... BTW, is black really a color??? Isn't it the absense of (light) or conglomertation of all (reflection) colors?

I would love to find a completely blue or red or yellow wet suit... JUST so my students can identify me easily. Until then, I will always wear my Dee-Rag!

The three color rule states:

A SCUBA diver with more than three colors in their kit will be refferred to as a "TC" (Taste challenged) diver.

A SCUBA diver with more than five colors in their kit will be refferred to as an "AT" (Absolutely Tacky) diver.

A SCUBA diver with more than seven colors in their kit will be refferred to as an "AC" (Absolutely Clueless) diver.

A SCUBA diver with more than nine colors in their kit will be refferred to as Iguana Don. (Gold Lamae counts as five colors by itself)

LOL! I am going to go home and count tonight! The thing is, if you buy gear over time or from different manufacturers, well, color happens! Makes me harder to lose!

you have clearly never seen a divegoddess dive skin. check out http://www.divegoddess.com/fabcat.html

i own at least three, including "tropical", which is so bright it has been known to blind an entire boatload of divers. (currently i'm saving my pennies for the more subdued "yo' snake".)

if you and i ever go diving together, you'd better keep those shades handy!

divemistress

"talk softly, dress loudly."

p.s. i have matching hair scrunchies.

:shades:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom