What's in a (user) Name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread!

Dirtfarmer is my occupation. I farm organic vegetables in Nor-Cal. Sorry to disappoint all those that think I'm a Ganga grower masquerading as a dirt farmer. When travelling and I tell people I'm a farmer in Nor-Cal they always assume I'm a Ganga grower, then I show them my Facebook page and they go ohhh you are a real farmer.
My avatar is one of my favorite creatures a Coleman Shrimp. Usually found in pairs on fire urchins, and fun to watch.

Many years ago, I was blessed at long last to receive a degree that had been the target of years of pursuit knowing it might not pan out. I indulged in a little personal vanity. 'DrRich' also fit my casual style. I'm conservative; didn't want some off-the-wall 'where did that come from' mix of letters and characters. Since Drrich was taken by someone else when I switched ISP's many years ago, I went with Drrich2.

I'm one of those people who in some things tends to settle into a comfortable rut without much change for a long time.

My avatar is intended to represent me, and I see little point in posting a pic of something others don't understand (and in some cases, can't identify). If you see me on a dive boat, you're a bit more likely to recognize me (at least if I mention Scuba Board). What represents me better than a head shot of me?

Because I'm in a professional dealing with the public, and work as an employee in an organization, I don't use my full real name. I have nothing to gain by doing so, and the theoretical potential for problems.

Richard.

Ive always been covered in sawdust, so it became my usual online name. I run a portable sawmill for a living, Dad got his first mill when i was two years old. Do some shop work and millwork as well, all very dusty ha ha.

Nickname has always been Jay, I'm a lawyer and raise commercial angus cattle. Most of my cases involve agriculture in one way or another with a special emphasis on farm bankruptcy. Also enjoy remodeling houses to stay sane.....not sure it's working though. Lol! I'm spending a lot of time thinking about living on a sailboat, cruising the Carribean, and diving my way to the South Pacific via the Panama Ditch. Just can't figure out how to take the cows with me.....

Interesting thread!

Jay

The street I live in is called Anemone Place!

Avatar is me on my yacht sailing in Queensland last year. Our "daughter" Veto is resting on my lap.

Last edited:
My picture "avatar" is from Coco View on Roatan.

My log in name is a cartoon character from books I would read to my kids when they were little.
One is attached.

572794._UY475_SS475_.jpg

Last edited:
My mom took me to see the Beatles at the hollywood bowl when I was about 5. We didn't have tickets but she wanted to see the scene, and for me to be able to say I went to a Beatles concert (sort of). I'm Lizzi, so as expected I've always danced to this song since I was wee. My avatar...coming soon...so I say.

Great thread, Love hearing these stories behind the names.

Although there's no Master Chief rank in the navy of the country I served, this was my nickname at the time; D is my first initial. It's me in the avatar, pointing something out to my son - the photographer at the time was clearly shooting the wrong animal...

Back
Top Bottom