What's in your thigh pocket and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome, thanks again

This is the pocket in question but it's a terrible photo, let me see if I can do better

Wetsuit & Drysuit Pocket | Wreck Diver Supply

Here:
Cut that webbing out and just tie the bungee into the grommets. It's less cluttered that way IMO.

I disagree with Litehedded's ordering, and basically do it opposite. When I've been in a siltout, I want my emergency supplies easy to reach with nothing in the way (IE a stage bottle), so right pocket has safety spool, mask, wet notes, left has working materials for the dive.

i can dig up a photo of how I rigged the bungee in my wetsuit pockets when I head home for lunch

if i remember...

What is the function of the bungee? Something easy to grab onto with gloves on?

I'd consider two pockets for that amount of stuff. A spool on a d-ring is a line-explosion waiting to happen (seen it multiple times) and I can't recommend that. Keep the stuff you plan on using in one, and the things you don't in another.

Cut that webbing out and just tie the bungee into the grommets. It's less cluttered that way IMO.

I disagree with Litehedded's ordering, and basically do it opposite. When I've been in a siltout, I want my emergency supplies easy to reach with nothing in the way (IE a stage bottle), so right pocket has safety spool, mask, wet notes, left has working materials for the dive.

my emergency stuff is on the right, pal

my emergency stuff is on the right, pal
Oopsie, didn't read your post. I had talked to someone recently who put stuff in the left so that they could get to the stuff they use most often with stages on.

A spool on a d-ring is a line-explosion waiting to happen (seen it multiple times) and I can't recommend that

Good point; it's happened to me in OW. Not so keen on it happening in a wreck. I hadn't decided what I was going to do with the new pocket, now I know

Oopsie, didn't read your post. I had talked to someone recently who put stuff in the left so that they could get to the stuff they use most often with stages on.

it's easy to reach that pocket with stages. non-issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom