What's ScubaBoard worth to you?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how valuable is ScubaBoard?

Votes: 27 6.2%

Votes: 11 2.5%

Votes: 19 4.4%

Votes: 8 1.8%

Votes: 44 10.1%

Votes: 17 3.9%

Votes: 56 12.8%

Votes: 100 22.9%

Votes: 65 14.9%

Votes: 89 20.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

because where else do i get to piss off people and not get smacked for my trouble?

(watch)

Kim, i think the Japanese whaling industry is an abomination upon the face of the waters, only slightly beter than the American Gulf of Mexico fisheries, which are driving grouper to extinction

(grouper just don't get that much press)

SB has become a crack-like addiction for me.

...I should probably seek help.

I've put 8... Diving info deserves a clear 10, but European diving community is pretty weak so it lacks a lot of details in that part - hence 8...

On the other side, weak community is not a SB problem, it's more a European thing... (not just on SB)

I "belong" to another site, paid em money to help support the site, even. But I rarely, if ever go there. I find it to be clicky and full of know it all stuck ups. This Board, on the other hand, is full of people willing to offer experienced based opinions and never unwilling to help a new diver or one with a question.
This board helps me gain insight, knowledge and to share experiences, this is very much the best Dive Board site I have found, by far. It could improve if the ladies posted nudes but,,well, then us men might have to post nudes too and we know that aint happening.

The only reason I can't give it a ten is because you can't actually get real world experience while doing it...unless someone knows of an underwater computer/DSL connection.

H2Andy:

because where else do i get to piss off people and not get smacked for my trouble?

(watch)

Kim, i think the Japanese whaling industry is an abomination upon the face of the waters, only slightly beter than the American Gulf of Mexico fisheries, which are driving grouper to extinction

(grouper just don't get that much press)
Sorry to let you down Andy....just saw this post today!

What can i say? Happy New Year? (yeah.....the clock struck here already!)

lol i forgot about that post too

it's not as funny the second time around ... not that it was funny the first time around ...

but it was less funny the second time around

it'd probably be radioactively toxic the third time around

Interesting discussion. I haven't voted yet; just had my 2nd tankard of espresso & the brain waves are still in hibernation mode. :coffee: If that doesn't work I'll break out the TENS unit & plug it into 220v.
Some of the long-time posters giving lower grades are pretty well jaded; been there, done that so many times that things have become "ho-hum". :shakehead
That's an attitude that I can definately relate to but the "mother hen" in me still gets a big kick from watching the newbies' eyeballs stick to the insides of their faceplate when something new & awe inspiring makes its appearance. That awe & wonder carries over into some of their posts.
Over the past few years the board has become more international in flavor, a very very good thing.

I also used to belong to another Board which became very clicky...very fast.
I have found most of the people on ScubaBoard to be knowledgeable and witty, making my visits enjoyable.
However, some of the egos and know-it-alls have made me visit less and less. If I had not received an email asking this question, I probably would not be here now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom