What's the best Wrist Mount Dive Computer for both tech and recreatonal diving & why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP mentioned using the Suunto Stinger for it's stopwatch functionality.

According to what I was just reading, it sounds as though you have to disable the dive modes in order to do this. Is that right? If so, does that mean you can no longer use it to keep track of depth and dive time?

Wouldn't that just turn it into a really expensive watch? Or am I misunderstanding what I'm reading.

Here's the actual text I just read....

As a watch the Stinger incorporates complete calendar clock functions, dual time, daily alarm and a stopwatch with elapsed time and split time measurement. If you choose to disable all the dive modes, the Stinger can even be used in water as a traditional dive watch, complete with stopwatch functions.

So... am I misinterpreting this?

Yep, you are

If any of the dive modes are active then the stinger will automatically swap to them when wet and under pressure. If you want it to stay in watch mode you must turn off all the dive modes

Most folks would either use the air or nitrox computer functions, or if on RB's, mix or multiple gases just turn on guage mode where you get depth, time, temp, TDT etc

So you can access the watch functions while also using it as a bottom timer?

Ok... back to the decision making. I'm waffling back and forth between the Stinger and the Vytec right now. While I don't plan on using a computer for gas switches (at least not until I've paid my dues the old fashioned way), I like having that option.

Of course having a really spiffy watch would be cool too. Although I have a tendancy to lose or break watches...

hmmm... decisions, decisions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom