What's the coldest WET SUIT dive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal coldest wet dive was 32 degrees F in a 1/4" farmer john suit with hood and gloves.

A friend of mine did a dive in a 1/4" farmer john into 10 degrees F.
It was a very short and shallow dive as it was in a brine tank and was a simple repair job. Using the wet suit got the job done in minutes rather than taking the few hours to get the dry gear. The customer said that the down time was costing him about $4000/hour. The fast repair saved more as it prevented the need for a shutdown/startup that cost even more.

Diving GTJD, Get The Job Done, get paid and go home. :D

pipedope:
A friend of mine did a dive in a 1/4" farmer john into 10 degrees F.
It was a very short and shallow dive as it was in a brine tank and was a simple repair job. Using the wet suit got the job done in minutes rather than taking the few hours to get the dry gear. The customer said that the down time was costing him about $4000/hour. The fast repair saved more as it prevented the need for a shutdown/startup that cost even more.

Diving GTJD, Get The Job Done, get paid and go home. :D

As long as he charged them $3000.00, it's a deal :D

My coldest in a wetsuit?....68 degrees.....silly buggers.....it's called a drysuit. I use it up to 78 degrees now :)

PatH:
Just north of St. John's, Nfld.
That was probably at Tappers Cove ?? Was out there today, water has not cooled down too much (yet), was a nice 35-36F. Nice sunny day, no wind, calm sea, air temp was 7C... vis was great 100ft+ I was scootering so it felt colder than normal, was glad to climb out after 60min.

Hay FreeFloat, you mean you havn't tried the cold tank at DCIEM yet.

DSV1

Scuba_Steve:
My coldest in a wetsuit?....68 degrees.....silly buggers.....it's called a drysuit. I use it up to 78 degrees now :)
Yeah, I've got one of those, NOW! Still dive Wet till it hits the low 60's. Took a while to save enough pennies for a drysuit though and when the choice was dive wet or not dive, wet it was.

I haven't popped in here much - I dove in San Diego last August and found ScubaBoard through their SoCal forum here LOL - talk about the long way around!
My coldest dive has been in a full Bare 7mm with a 7mm Bare hooded shorty in Brockville - water temp 55 F and I was cozy warm. I will likely best that temp this spring as I will likely be heading to Brockville earlier this spring.
Cheryl

For me it was the Munson in Kingston in 2003. 42 degrees at 110 ft. in a 7mm. wetsuit. went and bought a drysuit after that.

I did the Munson last fall in my 7mm wetsuit and would happily do it again. Wet, the initial entry is the hard part. When I can drop over the side and it's mid 60's and up, there's no 'shock factor' and dropping through the thermocline is noticable, but not a problem. I do have a drysuit and will wear it early spring when surface temps are cold, but much prefer diving wet.

Mine was 43 degrees on a dive out by Kingston. Not too bad until you come up and then I got the shivers. Granted I usually get those after the second dive of the day anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom