What's the purpose of your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen some elements of why I dive in other folks postings, but here's my list:

1. The feeling of freedom when I'm underwater, suspended weightless, moving up, down, wherever just by thinking it (okay, a little fin work helps, but you know what I mean).

2. The sense of peacefulness and quiet: the one-atmosphere world does not enter my mind as I just wander around.

3. The views: from tiny critters to wall vistas, I remain in awe of what I see each time, even after 20 years of diving.

4. It is a great activity that I can share with my daughter.

5. The pursuit of corals and marine life sends me off to wonderful international locales.

6. Oh yeah, and IT'S FUN!

1. The travel to different locations

2. The pleasure of experiencing something new every time I dive

3. I can't lie on the beach and read books all day!

4. Good exercise

5. Good company - at least most of the time

Adventure! Fun! Companionship and friends! Treasure! Wrecks! Artifacts! See new sights, sounds, life forms, etc.

I started because Mike Nelson did it and my dad didn't want me to, same reason I joined the Navy.

Now I do it because I cannot imagine life without the interludes into Jacque's "Silent World".

:mean:
Is there any other reason ........ really. I love the water, growing up in Tampa Fla, so it was just a mater of time before I found my way into diving. I can not get enough of diving, I was just out this past Friday and Sunday and got in 5 dives, 3 on Friday and then 2 Sunday. I love being underwater, seeing things I have either read about or seeing things that I have seen on TV. It is very relaxing, and peaceful underwater. I can forget about all the cares in the world and just enjoy the beauty and wonder of it all.
When I dive my stress level goes to zero, because I know I am prepared and ready for a wonderful view of the world from a place I am not suposed to be. I am very much at peace in the water.... year round.

:mean: Rich

Back
Top Bottom