What's the purpose of your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I want one of those T-shirts.

Guess its time to plan a trip to the Caymans!

Wrecks! If you never dove a wreck, U got a try it. in the great lakes there are thousands and some of them are in mint condition, those are the best!

AliKat
The only place I could find that shirt was at the airport on the way off the Island.
If you take me with you, I will show you where.

:D

it is the most relaxing thing in the world to have your bouyance just right and to just kick and cruise and see the wonders of the underwater worlds, both fresh and salt.

And you get to hang with a great bunch of people too!

I dive to forget:confused: Now, what were we talking about?

It must be working!

Dave

I sit behind a desk for an average of 10hrs a day/5 days a week staring at a computer screen. Need a way to relieve the pressure of everyday life. Living within earshot of the pounding surf is calming but actually seeing what is under the water is an experience of a lifetime. Besides, diving is a way to enjoy the bizarre underwater world. Documentaries on TV do not compare with seeing it for real. I am still awe-inspired everytime I drop in. I always see something new and wonderful.

I got into diving for the fun of it - I figured I could take warm water dive vacations and have some fun...

Turns out that I have just only booked my first warm water dive this year and that all else have been cold up here in the sound...
(Heading to Dominica for a week of warm water).

I have always enjoyed mountaineering and exploration - but most of the mountains out there have been climbed - so diving seems to be a natural new frontier (the last one?), where there is exploration to do and things to see that nobody else have seen before...

And yes - I understnad that the 1966 Schmirnoff bottle was emptied by someone - but still... I found it again.

Cheers,
Big T

To paraphase "someone" famous --- 'cause it's there. I enjoy diving to relieve stress, to forget - for just a moment or two, to craziness that is going on in my life. I also dive to meet new friends - sure some turn out to be real turkeys, but on the most part, divers are a great group of people.

Back
Top Bottom