What's the purpose of your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Main reason for me is to be close with nature .

I intend to take up diving for lots of reasons thrill seeking is not one of them

As a teen I played football, rode bulls, raced motocross (localy not pro) and waterskied. My father was an Army pilot and flew Fixed wing as well as Rotor so have spent enough time in the air or in a cockpit.

As I grew older I have been clocked by the police at 168Mph have made 12 sec passes in the 1/4 mile. I have pics of me in a buggy jumping about 5 ft in the air.

I'm a Combat Vet (nuf said on that)

Now that I'm older the only thing else I ever wanted to try was scuba.

I took a shore dive as part of an into class and got the bug. Not because it was exciting or risky but because it was the most peaceful, relaxing, calm, and beautiful experince of my life and was well worth the $60. I'll will be glad to spend alot more just to relive that same experince again.

Reggards,
GD

Originally posted by GeekDiver
I'll will be glad to spend alot more just to relive that same experince again.
and again and again and again and again.....
Stay wet GeekDiver:D

Oh... and the money thing....
You are right!

I love to be underwater like most of you. But above all:

I Like Toys!

In what other hobby do you get so many really neat toys.

brandon

Originally posted by voidware
I Like Toys!

In what other hobby do you get so many really neat toys.

Brandon,

There have been several times during my diving career that a discouraging thought crowded upon me:

"You now have everything that you need and more."

Do not let this get you down if it should ever happen to you... it is not true... around the very next corner are things to buy and play with that cost thousands more than you ever dreamed possible. :D

Coolest toy I ever got to play with cost the Army $750,000 + and fires 20mm rounds @3000 round per min and was radar guided. I got to play with more expensive toys but none were as much f:jester:

Originally posted by GeekDiver
Coolest toy I ever got to play with cost the Army $750,000 + and fires 20mm rounds @3000 round per min and was radar guided. I got to play with more expensive toys but none were as much f:jester:

Have to disagree... I like the big green 54 tonne toys with the 120mm thingy that goes bang and the target goes BOOM!

But I dive cause that is were the wrecks are. I love wrecks. I really really love wrecks. I see ships on the horizon and think "Boy o boy, I'd like to dive on her!" Did I say I love wrecks.

(Now I have to get more experience and training!)

the Boys down the street had some of those toys and they are cool. I wanted to play too! but they would never share.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom