What's the purpose of your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes diving cost money but what is money without the ability to spend it????

now I have to say diving is the best stress relief, next to fishing..

I began diving because I don't like limitations. I want to have the freedom and training to explore as much of this world as opportunity will allow. Given that I live so near the beautiful Pacific Ocean, how could I not want to explore what is beneath the margin of water and air? There are sights, sounds, and adventures to be had that others will only experience through the eyes of a cameraman, while I can now do so in person.

And remember!

Once you own all your equipment, each dive you do is cheaper than the last... (equipment cost / number of dives it's used)

Er... Well...

Like U.P. said; at least untill you find the next new toy you just CAN'T RESIST buying :wink:

As a believer in getting my moneys worth, I dive as often as possible.

Now if I could just figgure a way to do it that doesn't involve visiting the LDS and SEEING all those new "gotta have it" toys my bank account would appreciate it.

I dive because I think it is beautiful underwater even in NJ. I get to experience and see things most people only see in magazines or on tv. Also, it lets me forget about everything else going on in my life and to concentrate on the task at hand. It's just a fun, cool activity.:)

Stacey

All i can say is all of the above !
diving = fun,sightseen,scallop collecting,work,always wanted to do it ,get to meet a great groupe of people.
:D

I dive for our New England lobsters. I even started a club http://www.townisp.com/~stat12/ because I couldn't find enough people to go hunting with me. Bugs are yummy :)

I have to agree with most of the posters.

The fun and enjoyment of being underwater, interacting with the variety of marine life. I take pics whenever possible of whatever I can so I have something to share with my landlocked friends and so that I can reminise later.

wrecks.

"If it's not a wreck, it's not worth the tank"
-Kaffphine's dive philosphy

that being said, I am starting to enjoy the quarries around here.... as they are where I'm gearing up for NJ wrecks!

Just blowing bubbles is what it’s all about for me, I just love to be underwater. Oh yah it’s also part of my job.

……………………. Arduous …………………….

Because the oceans and lakes are the great undiscovered country. The earth is 75% water, most of which is unexplored. Humans are inquisitive explorers and seekers of knowledge. Since I'll probably die before the masses travel to outerspace, diving is the next best thing. In a way it is "innerspace". We marvel at great surface features like the Grand Canyon and Mt. Everest, yet geological wonders even more magnificent lie in hiding beneath the mask of the smooth surfaces of the oceans. As many have stated before me, the majority of people will never experience the wonders of the underwater world except for what they see on television. Our lives are short and we must take in all that mother earth offers us before our time is gone.

When I display my enthusiasm for diving to my parents, when I describe the wonders it offers like floating weightless in crystal clear water while the sunlight filters over the bottom below, the sounds of marine life echoing in the distance. An environment which is probably very similar to a mothers womb....I see in my parents eyes...on thier faces......the disappointment that they will never experience these wonders.

Im one of those that appreciates the small things in life: a clear blue sky, a cloudy day, a thunderstorm, the moon, the sun, the stars.....er.....I guess those arent really that small...but you get the picture. Our oceans are the earths life blood...the origin of mankind. Its only natural that we are drawn back into that which we came.

Thats why I wanted to learn to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom