What's you fav after dive food ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meat Pie Explanation:

Right you lot - a meat pie is chunky pieces of meat (Lamb, Beef, Chicken) covered with gravy and totally encased in pastry. About the size of your hand (Can vary in size), found in corner stores and gas stations throughout New Zealand and Australia. Also, very good for a hangover!!!

To eat: peel off the wrapping and cover with tomato sauce (Or Ketchup to my North American firend's :) and devour. Becareful it could be hot!!

I don't get this bit about leaving?? Can you explain??

NZ also, famous for being Nuclear Free, Sheep, Rugby - The Mighty All Blacks, Splitting the Atom (Yes, Ruthorford was a Kiwi), first to reach the summit of Mt Everest, Crowded House, The jet boat engine and for all you adrenaline junkies - Bungy Jumping!! Plus loads of other other things but I don't have time to type them all in!!

Rumour has it that the 3-nations Kiwi Vs Ozzies Rugby game was alsmost abandoned due to the Fans girlfriends running onto the pitch at half time (and then eating most of it).

I must admit, this little pic has a guy with corks on his hat, surely that means he is an Ozzie not a Kiwi?
:)
Aquamore

it's making me hungry!

I carry trail mix and water to snack on during my SI (and for the boat ride back to shore if on a charter).

After the dive --- good 'ole fashion pub-style food (meat pie, fish & chips, burger or "special of the day).

I like the tuna fish salad kits that you can make quick and easy at the lake.
I that is not available I go home and fix some stuffed crabs.

A big very rare very bloody Ribeye Steak with a big baked potato with lots of butter, cheese, sour cream & bacon bits and about
2-3 gallons of ice tea to wash it down...Followed by apple cobbler and ice cream of course!:mean:

The lamb kabab thing may be to rude to answer. It's a why kiwi horse's run so fast kind of thing.

And the leaving thing is easy, they're all over here. It's said there is a sign at the airport saying. The last one out please turn out the lights. :D

Because they've seen what happens to the sheep :) :)

TRUETEXAN can I come over to your place for dinner PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE

When you dive Laguna Beach, Husky boy is a must stop after a dive. They have breakfast burritos, pastrami sandwiches etc. You often see more divers there than you do at the beach.

I must say, I love the cookouts on the NJ dive boats! burgers as thick as your fist...:D and (one... I mean a few... I mean serveral... oh at this point I can't remember) ice cold beers...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom