When going to a new place, how do you pick a dive operator?

When going to a new place, how do you pick a dive operator?

• Ask travel operator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Follow recommendation of SCUBA/travel guide

• Internet search, look up their website

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Ask other divers: Scubaboard, buddies

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • SCUBA magazines

• Just show up at the first you find

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming I have a choice of more than one dive operator for the location (not always the case), I use several sources to gather information to gauge the quality of dive services for the particular dive operation. The sources include emails to the operator, examination of their web site, and most importantly references from other divers via scuba board, local dive shop or some other sources on the web depending on location. Positive references from other divers are given the highest priority.

If looking at a liveaboard, particularly if there is a time constraint, there is often the 'which boat goes out on the right day for me' factor that impacts considerably on the decision, particularly somewhere that there are a lot going out! Cost is also a factor - happy to pay more as long as I can see some bang for my buck, and even with dayboats scheduling can often be a factor - sites yuo want to go to, times you prefer etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom