Where did all the women go? :confused:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keep me posted...might have to schedule a trip west....

Oh, you must cause the west coast SBers rock!!!

They were so warm and gracious during my stay and it was the first time we ever met and dived together!!

Super ditto, but Kyle, only if you bring the wifey to dive. This is a thread about the womens, ya know?

Yea most of my buddies have been male so I've never really seen many women to begin with... But there are a handful now that I dive with and more seem to appear around summer. Not sure why women don't like the cold?? I get bloody freezing on dives but its not enough to put me off. I dive with a much skinnier male buddy so we even out :rofl3:

Yea most of my buddies have been male so I've never really seen many women to begin with... But there are a handful now that I dive with and more seem to appear around summer. Not sure why women don't like the cold?? I get bloody freezing on dives but its not enough to put me off. I dive with a much skinnier male buddy so we even out :rofl3:

Seems the same as here & yup it is freezing on some dives ;-).

The few local cold water gals divers I have met around here are super cool peops!

I have never been the only girl on a boat! The least amount of girls was... 5 maybe. There is always about an equal ratio men to women.. must be the 84 degree water :D

More gals around for 3mm and bikini diving :).

Add 50F water, drysuit, heavy tanks & belts & the gals do seem to evaporate.

Except in some circles where there is balance :).

dang, I must be one in a million then :) give me drysuit, steel anytime, but I know what you mean, Sam and I are definitely in the minority out here!!!

Donna

You should have been around in the 60s. I think there were some women on board the Golden Doubloon when I came over on it to live on Catalina, but I really don't remember (it was the 60s). It has been great to see a number of women enter the activity and my favorite dive buddies are all women (better air consumption, closer attention to ecological and buddy relationships).

In response to your specific question, I wonder if the economy (or lack thereof) is having greater effect on the ladies? It usually has even in good times. Fortunately that too is changing.

Or maybe the women are all staying home to take care of the sick kids (we know men won't do that. :shakehead:)
:no:

I WORK TWO JOBS SO MY WIFE CAN GO TO SCHOOL. I ALSO HELP TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS, COOK, AND CLEAN. SO NOT ALL MEN ARE LIKE THAT

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe the women are all staying home to take care of the sick kids (we know men won't do that. :shakehead:)
:no:

I WORK TWO JOBS SO MY WIFE CAN GO TO SCHOOL. I ALSO HELP TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS, COOK, AND CLEAN. SO NOT ALL MEN ARE LIKE THAT

Kuddos to you. I wish more men were like this.

I agree with you Dr. Bill. The economy has had a definite impact on some. I know I've cut down my boat dives in the hopes of acquiring more gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom