Where to do DM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brilliant

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

I'm planning to do my dive master in July this year....very excited but just don't know where to do it!

I have over 100 logged dives and want my DM to be a real refinement of my skills and the next step to going Pro...

I'm really keen on a course where I can work closely with the instructor and where there is a focus on conservation and sustainable tourism. Work on a liveaboard would be a bonus.

I would prefer to do this in south america, but don't mind where I do it as long as the course is a good one. Please help!

Hi Brilliant

I'm an Instructor from Chile, South America and I'm Staff of a PADI 5* Dive Center IDC. That's means that we are specialized on Dive professional development.

But tell me, Why you want to do your DM in South America?

Regards!!

Why not take your DM where you dive?

I'm presuming that you're thinking about taking your DM course in a less challenging environment than at home. However, if you do that will you truly be prepared to act as a DM at home?

I took my DM in San Andres Island Colombia, I know they offer it in Old Providence also. Both place are into conservation, San Andres has more of a tourist population. PM me for contact info if you are interested.

Why not take your DM where you dive?

I'm presuming that you're thinking about taking your DM course in a less challenging environment than at home. However, if you do that will you truly be prepared to act as a DM at home?

Hi fisheater,

It’s depending on the country. As Diver and Instructor I believe some places in south America, such as my Chile or Argentina, is a very good place to train your dive skills in order to became a real expert diver. Just imagine cold water under 12ºC, with a bad visibility, 15 mts average, some time less, heavy waves on the coast and strong currents. It could be very challenging. :wink:
If you master diving in those conditions you can do virtually in any dive place.

COME TO CHILE!!!! LOL

Hi fisheater,

It’s depending on the country. As Diver and Instructor I believe some places in south America, such as my Chile or Argentina, is a very good place to train your dive skills in order to became a real expert diver. Just imagine cold water under 12ºC, with a bad visibility, 15 mts average, some time less, heavy waves on the coast and strong currents. It could be very challenging. :wink:
If you master diving in those conditions you can do virtually in any dive place.

COME TO CHILE!!!! LOL

Cold water? Low vis? Surge? Currents? You're getting me excited to come to Chile.

Though with water that warm (I'm used to colder) and vis that excellent (3-5 mtr ave. here), I'd have to adjust. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom