where to "go pro" in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Post feb pre april is a smart time to be there in the Andaman sea....

Koh Tao does have smaller and more personal dive schools that guarantee small groups all the way through to instructor course. As previous other posters have noted, there are some large dive schools here and there are some smaller ones – you will still find that the smaller ones have enough students coming through but offer more personal attention. So the advice really is choosing carefully…

Both PADI and SSI courses are available and you should consider which you want to do. You can switch and change and have a look at their different philosophies and decide from there. Clearly you can become and instructor in both. SSI is slightly cheaper to do and offers some flexibility on advanced training and their instructors are in high demand too – it’s worth looking into.

Compressor courses, gas blending courses and equipment repair courses are also available and run frequently too.

Laundry is around 30/40 baht per kilo and available everywhere. Groceries are easy to get but eating out is cheap too. You’ll pay more for somewhere with a kitchen so it’s as cost effective to eat out cheaply rather than pay the extra for a kitchen. While you might opt to get a motorbike there is plenty of accommodation centrally located so that you wouldn’t need one.

If you click the link in my signature which is about dive conditions then you can see what we are seeing here most days and what the diving is like – which will give you an idea.

Feel free to PM me if you want more information, I live on Koh Tao Im happy to help answer your questions about this island but I’m not so clued up on the pro training in other places.

Check out these guys, they are highly recommended Phuket Dive Shop

Really? Just who is it that highly recommends them? Consumer Reports? You?
"they are highly recommended" carries no weight - it is simply an unsubstantiated assertion.

Really? Just who is it that highly recommends them? Consumer Reports? You?
"they are highly recommended" carries no weight - it is simply an unsubstantiated assertion.
stevenhb, owner of that website and owsi instructor, recommends his own website.

No TAT license, no insurance, no IDC center so not allowed to offer IDC's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom