Where to stay in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickmama

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I are taking my son and daughter in law to Grand Cayman June 5-12. Any suggestions on where to stay that is reasonably priced? We want to dive so dont want to spend alot of money on a place to stay but do want something comfortable, clean and air conditioned. Also any suggestions on dive operators? My husband and I have been diving for over 17 years, my son about 15 years but my dil is a new diver. Thanks, Kathy in Texas

My husband and I are taking my son and daughter in law to Grand Cayman June 5-12. Any suggestions on where to stay that is reasonably priced? We want to dive so dont want to spend alot of money on a place to stay but do want something comfortable, clean and air conditioned. Also any suggestions on dive operators? My husband and I have been diving for over 17 years, my son about 15 years but my dil is a new diver. Thanks, Kathy in Texas

You can probably find everything you are looking for at Sunset House. They have shore diving right there, and the boats leave from right at the dock behind the hotel. You can dive just about any time you want. It was pretty reasonably priced when I stayed there. I think they had at least one nice restaurant at the hotel. You can also walk to good restaurants. When I go back again, I will try to stay there myself.

I stayed at Sunset House last year and had a great time. Rooms were very nice. The restaurants are very good, My Bar is great and overall the hotel staff was very good. The dive operation was great! Boats leave on time, gear storage lockers are provided, dive staff is professional and fun. Briefings were very good. And the hotel is a 10-15 minute leisurely walk from Georgetown. Shore diving is right out front and easy, and is amongst the best shore diving on Grand Cayman, IMHO.

I've stayed there several times over the years and will be back there with group later this month.

Their website is very good, every morning I check the weather as I count down the days.

What kinda room are you looking for? Regular hotel type? Condo? House?

I've been to Sunset House twice, won't go back though, there are much better options depending on what you're looking for.

I've been to Sunset House twice, won't go back though, there are much better options depending on what you're looking for.

we are not being picky, at this point i will take anything reasonable. We have been there before. I prefer the smaller condos or villas. But it really doesnt make any difference. We will be renting a car so location isnt a problem. We just want to dive and do some snorkeling and relaxing.

You can probably find everything you are looking for at Sunset House. They have shore diving right there, and the boats leave from right at the dock behind the hotel. You can dive just about any time you want. It was pretty reasonably priced when I stayed there. I think they had at least one nice restaurant at the hotel. You can also walk to good restaurants. When I go back again, I will try to stay there myself.

Thanks that is one of the ones I am looking at. I am currently looking at turtle nest Inn anybody know anything about them? Kathy

So tell me what your suggestions are? I am open to anything at this point

Thanks that is one of the ones I am looking at. I am currently looking at turtle nest Inn anybody know anything about them? Kathy

Chick,

Turtle nest may be a nice place, but I don't personally have experience with that one. I do have very positive experiences at Sunset House.

I have to agree with Jim, The dive operation at Sunset has a very nice bunch of people working for them.

Back
Top Bottom