Where'd all the Dorks go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And TG really wears the propeller beanie :D

Glad you loved the video! You two have to come out and dive with us sometime and meet the fish! We were doing OOA drills with Spectrum last month and the fish were swarming us so bad it was hard to accept a regulator (think "trout", "trout", "reg!"). Luckily we weren't doing the drill blindfolded for we would have grabbed something and stuck it in our mouth only to find we were attempting to breathe through a trout :rofl2:
Ber :lilbunny:

Pretty Dorky alright.

Reminds me of having Thanksgiving in a Laughlin NV parking lot, in a camper. My lovely bride made the whole meal in that little kitchen. Amazing!

Do you bring your gear when you come West?

I've been investing all my time into trying to get J.'s older sister to pull the trigger on her drysuit purchase so we can head to cold water to get some more ISOSAD dives in. (Actually, I've been almost as unbalanced to the saltwater side this year as I was to the freshwater side last year, but I wanted to really add to my boat experience as I go on through divemaster.)

Anyway, in a mere 20 days, J. flies over from Tokyo for her vacation back here in the States, so I'm likely to have a dry-and-quiet "holiday season", but after that, it's back to normalcy. (It's rather amazing how completely your attention can be redirected by looking forward to seeing the one you love for the first time in over eleven months... I haven't even *started* working on Monopoly or Risk!)

Great Atlas' ghost! I just had the most *wonderful* idea in the history of ISOSAD! It looks like next year will finally include a trip to Valhalla. (I've been trying to get one together for some time, but the LDS delays on the DM course have lost a whole year to it.) Anyway, sometime in 2008, we should be able to get a Valhalla trip together (that's the former nuclear missile silo near Midland, TX, by the way). Anyway, the thought I just had is that during the dives there, we *absolutely* **MUST** have a small ISOSAD contingent. Why? So we can play...

RISK!

....... and .......

Tic-tac-toe!

We'll leave off the game of "Global Thermonuclear War"...

Anyway, I think we might have to make a special "RISK: The Unauthorized Valhalla ISOSAD Edition" for the dive, as the stock version would take too long and be rather unwieldy for the location (we wouldn't want to litter it up with lost pieces or anything). It shouldn't be too much trouble, and even if it were, for the chance to play while diving *in a nuclear missile silo* would be worth the trip.

Hi, everyone!!!

Dork Diver checkin' in! I'm considering a dive tomorrow if we can get logistics worked out. Sounds like it'll be a low/almost no viz dive! WoooHoooo! :)

Ecky and I are still alive and kicking. Been busy as hell between Turkey Day, getting set for Christmas, and wedding plans, though.

But we love you all. :)

Hi, everyone!!!

Dork Diver checkin' in! I'm considering a dive tomorrow if we can get logistics worked out. Sounds like it'll be a low/almost no viz dive! WoooHoooo! :)
I'll be diving with ERP tomorrow. Is anybody else up for a weekday dive?:D

I'm likely to be the dork diving doubles in 15 feet of water. I wonder how much bottom time I could get????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom