Whew its official...South Florida Dive Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but has anyone else checked the NOAA coastal marine forecast for Saturday. 15 to 20 knots out of the east and 5' to 7' does not sound good at all. The Sunday forecast is not up yet.Is this group jinxed or what?

BradB:
Dang Deepseawolf, if you are gonna be there at 6 you are much motivated

It's not so much "Motivation" as timing.

We're driving down Friday night after ManEater Gets off work, so that puts us there around 3-4am. We'll probably set up soon after ariving, and then catch a couple Zzzz's.

I'll lash a dive flag to the canopy, and see if I can paint/fashon a big SB on or near it.

Please, just ignore the doomsayer, I should have known not to pay attention to NOAA 4 days ahead of time.They just changed the forecast (last 5 minutes) to 15-20 knots out of the east but only 2' to 4'.

BradB once bubbled...
Please, just ignore the doomsayer, I should have known not to pay attention to NOAA 4 days ahead of time.They just changed the forecast (last 5 minutes) to 15-20 knots out of the east but only 2' to 4'.
Hi Welcome to Florida!
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes! :)

Personally, I have seen forecasts of 15-20 knot winds and get to the beach and it is under 1 foot seas...

I noticed something else while I was looking at the weather outlook. High tides for Saturday are going to be at about 8:40am, and 8:50pm.
Meaning that between those 2 times, the water leve will be lower/shalower. probably doesn't mean too much to the divers, but seeing as I'm free diving, it means a lot to me :)

Look for the giant brown tarp! It will be somewhat hard to miss.

It's expected to be an 8 hour trip, pulling out of G'ville at 6 pm Friday getting in VERY early on Saturday. That way I can catch a Z before the day begins since I will be the designated driver.

Look for the white Dodge caravan with the dozen SCUBA stickers on the back and the "TMRWLF" license tag. I will try to snag tables central to the rest rooms and the beach.
Needless to say Gibbon and I believe overkill is decimating a solar system and still having spitballs left over...

We should be QUITE noticeable... now, where did I put that clown suit?

:goofy: :viking:

15 to 20 is that it we have seen worse havent we scuba boarders. (Venice) lol anyways if you do not want to get sand blasted stay in the water... Only a couple more days.....

Well, my boss suggested to me last night that I need to reconsider my days off this weekend for the dive trip. Seem that he is still signing my paycheck and I have to consider his advice. Looks like I'm going to have to catch up with you all on the next get together. I've already called and canceled my spot on the boat. Catch (and eat!!) some bugs for me please!! :)

At least this way I'll have more $$$. And you know that $$$=dive gear!!! :lol:

Can 'e walk the plank?
Lash 'im ta tha' timbers and flog 'im on a yardarm. Then ye'll get to roam as ye please..... then agin, ye'll be lookin' fer a new cap'n fer yerself, an a new set a colors ta run under!

TRANSLATION- Guess yer screwed lad! Sorry.
:) See ya on round two!
;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom