Whew its official...South Florida Dive Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slight correction... the scale is 1-6. Today was a 5.
Nice meeting you today NitroxDvrFL, glad you showed up during our breakfast... maybe next time there will be diving...

I assume everything went to hell in a hand basket, Sorry to hear that. I went to Blue Grotto and the weather was fine the surf was low (hehehehehe) but the vis sucked but that was ok too. I was doing skills so the vis didn't matter. I meet Mike from N.J. Nice guy!
I'm going to Venice this morning with him He wants to find some sharks teeth,The weather in venice today is surpose to be good.
I seem to remeber when you guys tried the beach party last time in Venice you had bad weather too. Oh well. mabey next time do it at a state park in a spring.:eek: :) :eek: :) :D

Well... what can be said about the weather Saturday to assure all the "visitors" we brought in for a great party that THIS WAS NOT NORMAL.

I'd estimate that when planning a party here you stand a 30% chance that conditions will be OPTIMUM, a 50% chance things will be good, 15% that you'd be satisfied, and only a 5% chance that you'd be blown out. I've lived here a year now (not a long time) and never seen this kind of surf.

It was fun for body surfing, but the waves were too irregular for surfing. I actually had difficulty getting past the breakers on Friday afternoon and for a little while on Saturday. A few waves actually SCARED me, though they were only "normal" for some Southern California beaches - yes, my blood has thinned and I've become a surf-whimp. I was doing much better tackling the big ones by Saturday noon, however.

Waves were hitting the bottom of the Commercial Blvd Pier. I'm eager to get out on the reef to see how it looks after such a blow out. Maybe some of that reef medic training might come in handy lol...

I don't think there's enought reef medic training to go around for the Hollywood reef. It was getting hammered so hard that we were finding corals washed up on shore on Sunday.
Saturday afternoon was pretty much Tropical Storm conditions, just without the rain.

I was diving all week in the Keys and was planning to come up and hit the trip with Parrot Island on my last day. But as fate would have it I had to end my trip on Saturday afternoon. I do remember thinking to myself as I was driving back to Tampa boy the weather sucks and it rained just about all the way to Venice Beach which was wild because to weather in the Keys was pretty good. But I had a great trip dispite missing the last day. Hope you all had a good time in spite of the weather and Wendy I hope you are feeling better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom