Whew its official...South Florida Dive Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will see what I can work out with work and try to make this be good time to practice with my camera before I goto cozumel in April !!

I received this from Capt. Jerry of Parrot Island Scuba:
The boat is available on the 26th. We don't have anything scheduled yet so you can pick the profile. Just let us know. The afternoon trip leaves the dock at 1:30pm with a show time of 1:00pm. The cost for a two tank dive is $45 but if you are able to get a good group we will give you a group rate of $35 per diver. This price is for the trip only. Any gear, tanks etc is additional. People can call 954-942-7333 to make reservations. Please have the divers mention either your name or the "scuba board trip" to get the group rate, otherwise it will be our normal retail price and will not be able to be changed at the boat.

So please call and book your spot now. I have asked to do a wreck and a reef. I suggested 2 wrecks to Capt Jerry and I will post what we decide. I thought wreck/reef was best, so folks can site-see and then some folks can hunt, it'll make everyone happy. Also the depths of the wreck won't exceed 70' so it will be good for ow divers.

I just booked my spot. Oh and also shoot me over a PM when you book your spot so I can keep track of it, but remember you don't have a spot booked until you call Capt. Jerry.

Remember like Scuba_Jenny said, you must have a current lobster permit and carry it on you in the water when shore diving if you will be bug hunting. A guage must be carried in the water as well and lobsters measured while you are still under water. No lobsters with eggs either can be taken.

Those planning to lobster on the boat trip, some rules but your permit can stay on the boat. Don't be surprised if the crew checks your bugs to make sure you didn't accidently get a short one or one with eggs.

Also if you don't know how to clean your lobster I will be happy to show you how.

Walter once bubbled...
You can't take your license in the water, they are made of paper.
My point exactly as I mentioned it to Mr. Marine Patrol Officer as he wrote me a warning, while showing him my license in my car after a beach dive. He replied that that is why they make waterproof baggies available at sporting goods stores that you attach to the flag. So, now in addition to the boaters running over my flag, I have a waterproof container hanging from it.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t34416/s.html.

Interestingly enough, where was Mr. Marine Patrol Officer an hour later when we almost got run over by a boat?

Please, I am so frustrated by the whole incident, and the stupidity of it all....(blood pressure rising....breathe deep... relax.... think of soft corals swaying in the surf...... whheeewww)

I was at Venice Beach on Sunday, and watched (as I was coming back to shore) a boater pulling a skier come within 50' of a dive flag. Maybe 100' from my buddy and I ON THE SURFACE. They waved, and looked a little put off when I showed them that they were Number One in my book :D

First, the license... I carry an otter box attached to my bc which has a state id card and my fishing license in it. Also a couple bucks in case I need to bribe a ride from a boat :)
I keep the box tethered to a d-ring and tucked into a bc pocket.

---- DO NOT TAKE THE SECOND HALF OF THIS POST LITERALLY---
Funny enough that I even have to POST that...

Second... boats buzzing my flag... when diving offsore, I attach my dive flag to a world war two era magnetic anti-ship mine! This eliminates most boat buzzing problems and is an easy way to keep gear attached to your buoy.
Of course there are some inherent downsides to this method aside from a ringing in the ears occasionally. Fishing with explosives is illegal in Florida so should a boat strike and detonate the buoy, you will not be allowed to keep any of the fish. You will also run a good chance of losing any gear that was attached to the buoy unless you like assembling jigsaw puzzles.

Also it doesn't seem to be attracted to those darned fibergalss boats or mercury/evinrude engines --- a mine with good taste, imagine that---.

My NEXT dive float however will be slightly bulkier than the three and a half ton anti-ship buoy. I will be anchoring the dive flag to a towable iceberg.
From what I hear, this is VERY effective, even against LARGE vessels made of steel. Although, dragging this buoy will tend to shorten the battery time on my DPV.
This however has increased my justification for building the nuclear powered dpv I have designed out of recycled newspapers. I just have to work out those last few water leak issues.
WE ARE SORRY, but DSW is experiencing minor mentl technical difficulties, please stand by... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

:wacko: :loopy:

I am getting pmed about not posting on this thread. So here go
How is everyone doing I am sorry for not being on much after the last dive trip just been very very busy. On the next one it sounds like alot of fun as with all the other ones but need more time to decide. Money and all it sounds like my rear end in my truck is going out (any one knows where a dana 80 for a one ton dullay dodge is) the last one i bought was 2500 dollars and lasted just long enough for the stupid warrenty to run out. I think they screwed it up putting the gears or something in. but anyway if i do go i will be the one luggin my gear down I-75 headed south. lol .

Wildbill how have you been doing my nextel is broke i broke the face off you know the flip thing. Anyways hope all is well for everyone. be safe

8Buck contact Nextel they may work with you for fix/repair or replace your phone with little to no cost. I've talked them into fixing the phones for my guys on the jobsite and they have been willing to work with me without hassel. R

Funny enough, a friend and I are actually working on a submarine shaped like a hammerhead shark that is a two person, hybrid electric/hydrogen fuel cell drysub. We have found the http://bionicdolphin.com for people with a DEEP pocket!
There is also a hydrobatic f-15 mockup that has a depth rating of 1000 feet with no decompression issues.
http://www.deepflight.com/subs/dfa.htm
I will send his website for those interested, when he gets the site up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom