Whew its official...South Florida Dive Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count my wife & me in for a 1pm boat. I am NOT a morning person.

I have the licenses and flags. I am also looking at building a dive float/bug/fishing platform. Similar to the Dive Buddy Float. I will need to get H's licenses before we get there.
How deep or "Freediveable" is this area? Asking because we may be bringing a non-certed friend who wants to bug hunt or at least freedive a bit.

The rock pile starts about a 100 yards from shore. Its a very easy swim and a lot of people snorkel it.
The rocks top off to about 10 ft. This weekend with a full moon high tide, we were as deep as 23 ft, which in pretty deep for this area. In addition to the rock pile the reef is low profile with nice little ledges. Snorkeling north or south of the rock pile is also nice.

DEEPSEAWOLF: I am not sure what you are referring to for a bug platform. Because this is a public beach, (and the main lifeguard stand is right where we are diving) they may not let you take anything like a large float into the water there.

Basically it is an innertube with a bucket inside and a large dive flag mounted to the side. towable/anchorable. Something to hold critters in without being shark bait.

Oh ok
Shouldn't be a problem. I was invisioning some big float type thingy that you could hang out on, dive off of type deal...

Oh, THAT kind of dive platform. Later perhaps.
This is much smaller than that and simpler.
This little device will be useable in garbage cleanups as well.
I take it, this place is NOT spearable for fish then, being so close to a public beach. :(
Guess we better bag out on bugs then!
...anyone know of a seafood market nearby in case we don't...
:)

I am assuming we will have a pavillion or something claimed early that morning. My wife and I are planning on leaving here very early in the morning Saturday to drive down. If the pavillions are first come, first serve, we will probably be getting in around 8 am.
Hmmm thinking of a ten foot by ten foot dive flag!
THAT would be noticeable from a distance!

Sorry, no pavillions. Lots of sun tho!

I am on the prowl for one of those cheapy 10 x 10 back yard picnic tents. Perhaps if somebody has one they can bring it.

I hope to be doing my first dive by 8am!

I will see what I can arrange. We do renaissance faires and have lots of fabrics n shade cloths. I think Wally World sells a 10 x 10 Pavillion for 35 bucks. I'll look around today. If all else fails, we'll grab one and hopefully get there and setup before anyone else arrives.
We may be leaving here as early as midnight. That would put us there by six or so in the morning.

I have a 12 x 24 here. I have found some cheap pavillions and anchor kits locally. We will have plenty of sun shades!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom