Whew its official...South Florida Dive Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could see about bringing a shrouded polespear... let's see, then am prepared or lobster, crab, and fish. Improves my chances of getting something other than bait for the grill!

:armed:

I would like to join you guys for the Beach Diving on Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Wendy, you might also consider Dixie Divers for the boat dive on Sunday. Their boat holds 32 divers. They are located in the Cove on the Intercoastal in Deerfield Beach. The shop & boat are right there so you can get any tank fills you need. They offer air & nitrox fills as well as other mixed gas for diving. Plus there is lots of free parking.

Suki
:bounce: :sheik:

Hey Y'all
Just did the rock pile this morning. The surge (probably from a storm system, past of present) was pretty rough. High tide. Still in comparison to Venice it was an easy dive! Vis in the 10-15 ft. range and at any given time was pushed east, west, or south. Lots of sea life even tho they were hunkered down!

Lobster population is down by a couple now! Fire up the grill!

There are plenty of restaurants on the beach, funky shops, Haagan Daas and the like. Showers, bathrooms and plenty of parking.

My LDS, Coastal Marine Divers Supply is giving 25% off all rentals and air fills for the occassion! Talk to Mike, the owner when you call. 954-923-2388 and tell him you are with Scubaboard.com

I am always in for good times count me in. May even be able to talk my dive buddy into the trip.

PADI: OW, AOW, Nitrox
USMC : WSQ

Wendy, are you planning the boat dive for Sun AM or PM ?

HarleyDiver once bubbled...
Wendy, are you planning the boat dive for Sun AM or PM ?

I am still witing to hear back from the boat. Hopefully this week I will know more.
Do you guys want a morning or afternoon trip on the boat? I think one is at 8am the other at 1pm? I would like to sleep in, but its up to everyone.

Is there an address for this park, or a definitive intersection? I am looking for hotels in the area and have found one, but would like a park location. Is it at the end of Johnson street? I have never been to that area and am only able to look at maps online.

The site of the dive party is technically just south of Johnson St., but is commonly referred to as Johnson St.

There is a parking lot between Johnson street to the north and Michigan to the south. The rock pile is straight off of Michigan St.

I will be putting together a flyer in the next week or so with more details, maps, etc.

Important to remember that anybody who wants to catch bugs, must have a license. They will take your gear, your car, and anything else they feel like if you are caught catching, or assisting in the catch of bugs.

Also, there is a lot of boating in this area. If you have a dive flag, bring it.

WOW and to think I lived on Surf Road and Jackson Street and would go all the way to Dania to dive the Jacks instead of simply diving off Johnson street! DOH! I never knew that was there. Oh well.. I am sure that I have probably swam right by the Gold Coin just inches under the sand at some point too.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom