Which family of drygloves is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to roll them on. Trying to put the second one on without rolling is nearly impossible. I love the simplicity of the Ultima system. Simply pop the glove on and dive. The Rolock 90 is more secure, and really easy to get in and out of. The rings in this video haven't been greased enough. They actually move more freely than this. I also cut off my wrist seals, making it easier to equalize the gloves and to get in and out of the gloves.

The Ultima and Rolock suit rings are similar, so this is the way I attach the wrist seals.
Makes sense. My Diving Concepts system is a lot easier. When I order my new suit I will go with Rolock, have read a lot of great things about them.

DW

Another vote for the Ultima system. I installed it on my Fourth Element dry suit at the start of this season and have been quite pleased. As @Jimchris stated, getting the gloves (I used Showas) onto the rings was a royal pain, but they sure ain't going to fall off.

Although no the popular choice it seems, I actually really like my S-tech rings. I use their glove system as well and find it very easy to take off by myself even when cold and wet. The only issue I had was the under gloves had to cut off some length near the wrists as not to get caught when the rings being installed. There is a elastic band that I cut just after so they still stay in place. I have used some other under gloves as well depending on what I am doing. The si-tech also works well with my neoprene gauntlet gloves if I don't need the dry gloves.

I love my sitech quick glove(round) rings Quick Glove - Dry Gloves Solutions - Products - SI-TECH.

I use them with the Ansel g17ks from zoro or any place that sells cleaning/chemical handling supplies in bulk. I have bought my gloves for about $4.50 shipped to my house in the past.

I would pick up 2 pairs of military surplus wool glove liners or whatever your liner of choice is to give you choices for water temps. My hands have been nice and warm down to 39F or so temps during my winter quarry dives. I do use a 6" section of 1/8" bungie under my wrist seal for equalization and so I can pull it in the event the glove leaks and I want the wrist seal intact.

Used this system for 2 years and about 200 dives. Only issues have been on my end, catching a glove in a zipper or getting a tear while horsing around with some metal underwater. Highly recommend from me.

Waking up this thread, as I need to resolve this issue asap. Deciding between Rolock and Viking. Rolock - seems to be a quality system with a few moving pieces.

Viking - the system people I trust rave about. @doctormike - what has your experience been with Viking? Did you glue yours in?

Waking up this thread, as I need to resolve this issue asap. Deciding between Rolock and Viking. Rolock - seems to be a quality system with a few moving pieces.

Viking - the system people I trust rave about. @doctormike - what has your experience been with Viking? Did you glue yours in?

I'm very happy with my dry glove system. As I mentioned upthread, you have to either glue the rings to the sleeves, or just put them on non-permanently (they just fit over the sleeves, trapping the material between two rings) and then glue the wrist seal to the suit.

I definitely recommend gluing the rings to the suit. That means that if you tear a wrist seal, you can just pop a new one in in a few minutes.

I've tried a number of systems, starting with DUI ZipGloves about 20 years ago. They are great when they're on but a royal PITA to kit-up in. Once other manufacturers started making field-replaceable cuffs the DUI stuff was no longer the only show in town. On top of that, the quality of their suits took a massive nose dive. I'm amazed that anyone buys that crap nowadays.

SiTech Antares served me OK for a couple of years and then, for no apparent reason and regardless of what I did to try to stop it, they started to leak on EVERY dive.

Waterproof Ultima was an easy switch from the SiTech as they are a straight swap. Once I'd changed out the original (faulty) o-rings which always leaked below about 30m, they were great. The only downside was the bulk.

I tried Fourth Element Ellipse as a change from the Ultimate and they are great once you're in them but a nightmare to don.

The best dry glove system I've ever used has to be the Santi Smart Gloves. They only fit them to Santi drysuits, but that's not a problem for me as it's my preferred brand by a million miles.

If I was to go with any other brand of drysuit, I would get them fitted with Kubis, which are by far the most popular (and seemingly reliable) dry gloves on any British dive boat.

I'm very happy with my dry glove system. As I mentioned upthread, you have to either glue the rings to the sleeves, or just put them on non-permanently (they just fit over the sleeves, trapping the material between two rings) and then glue the wrist seal to the suit.

I definitely recommend gluing the rings to the suit. That means that if you tear a wrist seal, you can just pop a new one in in a few minutes.
Do you have pics? I am on the fence between Viking and Rolock and there is limited info about Viking on the net. Does Viking let you use heated gloves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom