Which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestion Herman,
Since last night I've been thinking about the horizintal WOB issue. I read that the WOB is directly related to the position of the mouthpiece to the cans. I think that the ABS campac mounts hold the cans too high off my back. That would explain why it got easier to breath when turning my head sideways (raises the mouthpiece higher and closer to the reg). I am going to experiment next with a simple carapace rig that should put the cans as close to my back as humanly possible.
I'll post the results in this thread when I do it.
Dale,

My understanding of the physics of this is that the Work of Breathing (WOB) is directly related to the position of the LP diaphragm (cans) as it relates to the center of the lungs, and not the mouthpiece.

SeaRat

That is what I had thought too but some reading I did suggested the mouthpiece had something to do with it :idk:
In any case I'll try the soft harness and see what's what.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom