Which regs should I keep?

Which 1st stage should I stick with?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Over time I have picked up several 1st stages (don't judge me, most of you are much worse than I am) and trying to decide which ones to keep. I have 4 conshelfs (different models), 2 MK2s, 2 MK10s, 1 MK5. Which of these is going to be the best performer? Which of these is the easiest service and get parts for? Most of my diving will be in SE Florida on vacation and some local lake diving.

If you are happy with the Conshelf regs then stick with those. Alternatively get rid of all of them and buy a more contemporary ScubaPro 1st like a Mk25, Mk17, or Mk11.

Alternatively get rid of all of them and buy a more contemporary ScubaPro 1st like a Mk25, Mk17, or Mk11.

This ^^^ (Add MK19)

You should add this option to the list above.

I would keep the two MK10.
Install the inexpensive DIN conversion kit, if they are yoke.
And match them with two G250 or, better, G250V.

If you want to avoid the madness I fell into , don't keep ALL of them. Keep the Conshelfs (with a decent rinse will run forever between rebuilds) and the Mk10s (almost as good as a Conshelf, but cheaper to rebuild). Then re-home the others to someone just starting the DIY road (Mk2 and Mk 5 are both great, for different reasons).

Respectfully,

James

I like them all, never owned a Mk11 though.
ScubaPro 1st like a Mk25, Mk17,
Have those plus a Mk19.
The last Conshelf 14 I had I gave away, well, I lent it on the 'never never plan', never to be seen again and never to be returned, gone.

Are they costing you anything to keep other than a little space? I'd keep them all but then I'm a packrat 😁.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom