Which regs should I keep?

Which 1st stage should I stick with?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mea culpa @James79. I must have transposed your post and another one and reacted accordingly. Nothing like putting words in somebody’s mouth then telling them they’re wrong. I should have known you are a true believer!

OK, I went back and reread the interchange between you and @BoltSnap. I actually misread what both of you were contending.

Over the last year, as I’ve had similar classic gear discussions with a variety of folks, Some seem intent on keeping their old gear because they think it’s better because it’s tried and true. Others just think old gear has a high “cool factor” or something similar. Personally, I like metal second stages (read “1085s”) and the later Conshelf firsts. The latter just get the job done, and as others have stated. As I posted before, within the series, some have features I like better, but nobody can objectively say they aren’t excellent regulators!

Best regards,
Froggie 🐸

Mea culpa @James79. I must have transposed your post and another one and reacted accordingly. Nothing like putting words in somebody’s mouth then telling them they’re wrong. I should have known you are a true believer!

OK, I went back and reread the interchange between you and @BoltSnap. I actually misread what both of you were contending.

Over the last year, as I’ve had similar classic gear discussions with a variety of folks, Some seem intent on keeping their old gear because they think it’s better because it’s tried and true. Others just think old gear has a high “cool factor” or something similar. Personally, I like metal second stages (read “1085s”) and the later Conshelf firsts. The latter just get the job done, and as others have stated. As I posted before, within the series, some have features I like better, but nobody can objectively say they aren’t excellent regulators!

Best regards,
Froggie 🐸
No worries, lol. If I had a dollar for every time I misread something I'd retire!
I don't figure that Conshelfs are "better" than modern regs... More that modern regs don't offer enough beyond them to justify price (or lack of chrome!). Connie's seem to do all I need and more, so I'm gonna keep running till parts run out. Then I'll make new parts!

Right, and with friends like you and others who shall remain nameless to protect their “innocence?” at my age it looks like I’ll run out before the parts do! I have to say that “tried and true” definitely applie to the Conshelf series.
BTW, I still haven’t gotten my C 30 parts clean enough to permanently install one of those printed Tees. What are the chances of being able heat it, then put on, then if needed, “rinse and repeat”, or are they strictly install once and like it or lose it?
🐸

Right, and with friends like you and others who shall remain nameless to protect their “innocence?” at my age it looks like I’ll run out before the parts do! I have to say that “tried and true” definitely applie to the Conshelf series.
BTW, I still haven’t gotten my C 30 parts clean enough to permanently install one of those printed Tees. What are the chances of being able heat it, then put on, then if needed, “rinse and repeat”, or are they strictly install once and like it or lose it?
🐸
Should be fine to heat and install repeatedly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom