Which shops offer technical diving in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:wink:I am still blending. However, when I am moving 3 minutes away from IDH in a couple of weeks or months I hope to be blending for you again, that is if you'll have me. For some reason I don;t think that my neighbors, nor the housing people would appreciate 100% O2 tanks or Helium storage bottles sitting around my house....

Who said I bought a Rebreather? I am not a "Heretic"...at least not one that's out of the closet :) That's for another SB post....:14:

Sean,

Telling you the type or that he has one at all is a blatant violation of the code for closet rebreather divers everywhere. Don't worry they all come out flaming sooner or later. Maybe it's all that pure O2 that gets things burning.

Aloha Everybody !

After just finishing speaking with Matt Z. of Island Divers Hawaii, over on Oahu, he suggested that I post to, and resurrect this thread. He didn't know about us, so you may also want to know about the opportunities we offer for Tech Diving in Hawaii. Plus thanks and mahalo to Gerard N. for his previous mention.

I am the owner of Konaquatica Dive Center, "Hawaii's Rebreather & Tech Headquarters", located in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. We do in fact have our own state-of-the-art fill station, with two Haskels, one O2 clean, capable of high pressure 100% O2 fills, and we can fill any mix...trimix, nitrox, heliox, whatever.

Konaquatica offers recreational and technical charters, is an IANTD Platinum Facility and a member of the Better Business Bureau. Our boat is 30 feet and was custom designed and built to accommodate tech and rec divers, and is great for CCRs and doubles. I'm an IANTD Technical Instructor/exploration diver and offer training up-to-and-including full trimix for both open circuit, and closed circuit on multiple rebreathers. Konaquatica has sets of doubles, numerous stage bottles for rent (30s, 40s, 80s, LP46s etc.), as well as a large selection of onboards for you traveling CCR divers. We are also Hawaii's Dive Rite dealer, for all your tech diving needs. If your mission requires it, we have two surface-supplied deco set-ups and can support expeditions, film crews, etc.

For CCRS, we are Hawaii's authorized dealer for, and I personally offer quality training at all levels for the Megalodon, COPIS2 Megalodon, Optima, KISS Classic, KISS Sport, Inspiration, and Evolution. We are also a dealer for sofnolime, sodasorb, AI sensors and much more.

While tech diving is my passion and I have devoted my entire life to it, our bread-and-butter is often our high quality recreational diving charters, with a max. of six divers. If you've heard of a dive on the Kona coast, we do it: Long Range, Manta, Black Water, Blue Water, Morning Two Tank and, of course, Tech Trips.

Just wanted to introduce myself, let you know we really do exist, and invite you all to come out and join us for some amazing diving, and incredible world-class training with all the support and facilities you need.

P.S. Sherman. I'll be seeing you here very soon for your upcoming CCR course ! 'Til then, I will keep the name of your new, extremely cool closed circuit rebreather hush-hush and strictly confidential, until you yourself decide to reveal it !

Mahalo and safe diving. Thanks again Matt !

Jim Holt

Ocean Concepts has tech instructors - unfortunately, due to deployment schedules the program has lapsed a bit - if you want to go with the DSAT program through trimix, give it a shot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom