Which Watch do you dive with ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHPWRCKDVR once bubbled...
I dive with my Submariner because it's reliable and has never given me a lick of trouble, not to impress. Never have to worry about the battery giving up the ghost.

My Rolex is 13 years old and never any problems with it either, and I haven't had to put a battery in yet.

Capt Jim Wyatt once bubbled...

My Submariner flooded at 230fsw...Cost $650 to repair. :whiner:

Dive-Rite NiTek Plus.

I dived with a Rolex Submariner for years & now keep it locked away in my safe at home....its a POS.

Hey Capt Jim!

That NiTek looks like a nice watch. Looks like a good backup to my Vyper and a pretty good computer as well?
I called you awhile back to dive with your group but decided on G. Cayman as the keys are kinda iffy in Dec. I'll probably look you up late spring or summer for a dive.

http://www.northeastcomputer.net/familypics/scuba/photos.html

Regards,
Chris

I can't say enough about it. I've owned mine since 94'. If I leave the house without it, I will go back and get it. Model DW6600.

Yea--it seems to be a very reliable watch..I dive with mine on all deep dives.

for a dive computer and just get a cheapy like Tavi talks about. I got one on a super sale at Wally World for $6.49 thats 6 dollars 49 cents US rated for 165 ft its got a number of dives on it and keeps on ticking. I'm saving my money for a good dive computer in which I'll be coming back to the SB and ask some questions first before I buy one.

I dive with a Casio G-Shock. They are relatively inexpensive, good to 200 meters and batteries last 5 years or so if you are not always running the lap timer. It is easy to read and has a nice night light feature too. With a rugged rubber housing and strap with a recessed glass face to prevent scratches and chips these things can take a beating.

I take my Rolex Yacht Master on most dives in "safe" countries (i.e. Cayman) and in the States. Been down to over 100' many times and no problems yet. This watch is not meant to be a dive watch, but does have the oyster shell and the screw down back. Great watch - though not too helpful when diving as wetsuit covers it up - but it's safer on me than on the boat! LOL! Got a local guy that can do repairs for much less than the $650 quoted previously, so don't have to ship it out if do have a problem....so guess I can tolerate more risk....

citizen Aqualand Duplex titanium.

purchased it in Curacao and I love it.

Julie

klausbh:
For impressing dive-buddies I reccomend the rolex, for keeping time under water the 10$ Wal-Mart watch.
I prefer the more expensive route ... $25 analog/digital watch from Casio rated to 100m. Much more suitable for daily wear than those clunky Casio G-shocks. By the time the battery runs down in 3 years I just junk it because the watch face is scratched from wearing it daily.

Back
Top Bottom