• Yes, I am.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • No, I am not.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • No, but I can't wait to try!

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mark!

Anytime you want to go hit some caves give me a shout- Cannonball is a fair drive but worth the effort. One of my buddies is going to Mine LaMotte this weekend to check conditions, then I and some other buddies will be there next weekend.

If you want, drop me a line and I can add you to our email group.
Dive safe, cave soft
Brock

....are cave dives these days. Dive recreationally (reefs and such) a couple times a year. Try to get to NC once a year for some wreck diving. But for the most part - I dive the caves.

Been cave diving for the last 5 years. Still wreck dive in the summer here in Michigan, then go south for the caves.

I'm cavern certified and working on Intro, probably 1/2 way through. I dive at Roubidoux with OkieCaver and others and Mine Lamotte with the same group. Heading for Fla in April to try that out.

Most all of my dives are cave dives. I've gotten spoiled diving in fresh water.

In 1992 after 20 years and a couple of thousand dives in the Ocean & Lakes of New England ,I decided I needed a new diving interest. I was already both Wreck & Ice diving so Cave diving seemed like the next step. I make it a point to head to Fl about 3 weeks a year (Jan, May & October) to Cave dive. Most of my diving now is in the caves. My 2 boys & I all cave dive and the oldest is receiving his Abe Davis this year at the CDS workshop.
Cave Diving is not for everyone but I would highly recommend to everyone to take a Cavern course! It will improve anyone's diving
skills and task management.

Dive Safe

Oh, I've been known to dive with some of the cave freaks on this board, and I'm working on full cave & trimix. Can't dive any more without a truck load of gear and a 12 hr drive.

I agree with Brock, Cannonball is tops on my list.

Oh and don't do Mine La Motte in a wetsuit!! You may even need a hard hat after the cave in.

Roubidoux is in the works for next weekend, if we don't get blown out.

See ya in a cave someday
Jeff

I would be happy to show any of the cave divers who are certified some of the best cave diving north Florida has to offer. I had the pleasure of diving with a couple today who taught me as much about life as I taught them about cave diving.

Only just starting the TDI tech diving curriculum, so no caves for me at this time.

But like many others, I do want to get through at least cavern/Intro Cave someday to see if I desire to go all out.

Originally posted by Divesherpa
I would be happy to show any of the cave divers who are certified some of the best cave diving north Florida has to offer. I had the pleasure of diving with a couple today who taught me as much about life as I taught them about cave diving.

We will be in FL the week preceeding Memorial day to cave dive and will be going to the CDS workshop the holiday weekend.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom