• Yes, I am.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • No, I am not.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • No, but I can't wait to try!

Votes: 25 31.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Send me a PM and we'll see what we can work out

Cave Diving as much as I can! Been 2-3 weekends a month lately. If I lived close enough I'd go during the week too! Time to move to FL!!!!

Originally posted by WYDT
Cave Diving as much as I can! Been 2-3 weekends a month lately. If I lived close enough I'd go during the week too! Time to move to FL!!!!

I agree! I need to move to Florida and leech off my family there so I can spend all my time diving!

I just started cave diving, finished up my Intro 2 weeks ago. I can gaurantee that 95% of my dives from here on out will be cave dives. We will be going atleast once a month, but more than likely two to three times a month.

Mine Lamotte this weekend and next. Maybe by then conditions will be better at the other Missouri caves and we'll start on those. Spent last weekend running lines and droping stages in open water with dry gloves on.

Mine Lamotte (The -Offsets)again this weekend. Neat place see my report in the tech trip report section. Next week rest. The next week we dive a steel cave. Heading to the Wisconsin to check out the old cars in the Hold

Most of the cave in MO are blown out and will be for the next month or so. Keeping the finger crossed that we can get in most of them in Mid June or so.

I am still diving caves in TX and Ok though. Funny how those are still very clear and warm compared to MO and others.

:)

Sorry, but these are on private property. Even if they were open to the public, most normal divers would not touch them. Couple of major restricions where all tanks have to come off to get through.

Sorry.:(

OKDIR you are trying to be very PC (my hat is off to you here).

But the unfortuniate reality is that most 'normal' divers---cavedivers--- are really selfish or shortsighted and break training rules and landowner conditions for entry, a situation that has become worse in that past 5 years as tech diving has gotten mainstream recognition.

Look at the Woodville Karst Plain region that covers the geographical region from Talahassee FL south past woodville to the coast (not to be confused with WKPP) has some of the biggest deepest and most kick butt cave diving in the world. Now it is closed to all but WKPP exploration and scientific diving (not a bad thing). Partly this is due to selfish divers getting in over their heads and others that dumped trash and left cathoders lying around........horrible behavior if you ask me. Luckily I look back with great affinity for the time that I got to spend in that area diving caves before it was closed in 1997/1998.

You guys have every right to be tight lipped about your stuff as even offlimits stuff (such as emerald in the wkp) have seen 'sneak divers' perish in recent months. Its about paying your dues (and I'm not talking in Cash). The best cave dives in life are worth waiting for. You see more and can enjoy it more when you are prepared and have made the proper commitments.

Originally posted by OKDIR
Sorry, but these are on private property. Even if they were open to the public, most normal divers would not touch them. Couple of major restricions where all tanks have to come off to get through.

Sorry.:(

Im not cave diving yet just started my tech courses. Im going to try and do my cavern and intro to cave later this year. I was just wondering where Roubidoux, Mine Lamotte and Cannonball are.

:sharky:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom