Who wants to Discuss Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$100 is not unreasonable for a charter. Most Caribbean places have pretty low prices just due to volume and low overhead. $100 is probably average for any place else.

I'd assume the point was that $100 looks *quite* expensive compared to "free" (i.e. no incremental cost) shore diving or $25 boat dives (Klein Bonaire and such).

Compared to the $105 the week of unlimited shore diving cost me according to my itemized invoice, $100 seems quite expensive indeed. :biggrin:

(Of course, it's cheap compared to a private charter to the Oriskany, but that's not part of a Bonaire vacation. :wink:)

Having done Larry's - I would not do it again.

It just was not that wild and he does act like a drill instructor

I did not notice any issues with safety

For what it's worth, we had a 12 ys, a 13yo, a 15ys and a 16 yo young divers with us on that dive, all of which did fine so "wild" it's not.

I am soooo ready Jim, check out the vintage dive at Weekie Wachie thread, I may be diving that reg this year on Bonaire. (Ber Rabbits photos)

I thought there was only my 12 and Dave's 13 yr old on that dive and the older girls went horse back riding, instead.

I tried to search for the Weekie Wachie thread, with little success, but did find Ber Rabbit's photos and a reference to Sea Hunt era diving gear on a thread that included that name. I never dived with a two hose regulator myself, but back when I first certed they were very much a normal thing, and there was a lot of debate over which reg was the best! Of my two photos posted, of my 1970 certification dives, one shows my buddy with that set up. (ALL of the gear in those two photos are Sea Hunt era!)

I'd assume the point was that $100 looks *quite* expensive compared to "free" (i.e. no incremental cost) shore diving or $25 boat dives (Klein Bonaire and such).

Compared to the $105 the week of unlimited shore diving cost me according to my itemized invoice, $100 seems quite expensive indeed. :biggrin:

(Of course, it's cheap compared to a private charter to the Oriskany, but that's not part of a Bonaire vacation. :wink:)

Thank you! Yes, when compared to regular diving on Bonaire, $100 is expensive for a 2-tank dive. I just don't feel like it's worth it to us.

Jim - I think the girls went on Larry's - It was the dive where we found the octopus with the shiny can that they missed due to horseback diving!

Also - we went out to the double reef

Jim - I think the girls went on Larry's - It was the dive where we found the octopus with the shiny can that they missed due to horseback diving!

Also - we went out to the double reef

Hey, I have never claimed an infallible memory. For some reason I thought that Morgan had picked Larry's and the girls had done the horses that day.

That octy sure didn't want to part with his new soup can, did he? I may not have a perfect memory, but a lot of great memories!!

Can't wait for this coming July, and more great memories!

Just went and looked at the photos of that dive, the girls are there. DD's oldest is wearing my wifes &%&$#@ pink SP split fins. You had me thinking I was losing it Jim. :)

I am really looking forward to the trip, we have a good group this year.

Back
Top Bottom