Who's on Coz in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Rican:
I get it ,I get it ! :)))
Thanx..... Who do you dive with again ? I have got to meet such a caring person, you are very kind. I know, you are the Dive Fairy right ?

Good Viz,
George

Christi owns Blue XT~Sea, the best dive shop on the island, in my opinion.

Scuba-Rican:
Thanx..... Who do you dive with again ? I have got to meet such a caring person, you are very kind. I know, you are the Dive Fairy right ?

Good Viz,
George

Good Viz, George

Here is her website as you can see we all love her :07:

http://bluextseadiving.com/

See ya in 2wks :wink:

Scuba-Rican:

Good Viz,
George

Good Viz, George

Christi ROCKS!!! I'm here in Coz right now and my wife and I have been diving with her outfit BLUE XT-SEA since Monday. Absoultey pro and the Capatain (Mago) and The DM Pedro are among the best I have ever been with. Super fun!

-Chris

OK, here's what I'm sure sounds like a ridiculous question, and I am a little ashamed even to ask...

[heavy sigh] When you say drinking in moderation, to what extent do you think "moderation" depends on the person's drinking habits? Is it moderate for the individual, or moderate for the average person who maybe has 1 drink per week/month?

BTW, next trip will be the 3rd consecutive trip to Reef Club. All I know is I like the beach and the other 99% of the people there are too busy diving to interrupt my reading. But hey, I worry about the boy. It's part of my job as the adoring girlfriend.

ljs300:
OK, here's what I'm sure sounds like a ridiculous question, and I am a little ashamed even to ask...

[heavy sigh] When you say drinking in moderation, to what extent do you think "moderation" depends on the person's drinking habits? Is it moderate for the individual, or moderate for the average person who maybe has 1 drink per week/month?

BTW, next trip will be the 3rd consecutive trip to Reef Club. All I know is I like the beach and the other 99% of the people there are too busy diving to interrupt my reading. But hey, I worry about the boy. It's part of my job as the adoring girlfriend.

The average person has 1 drink per week/month? ;^)

My rule of thumb is that if I am drinking enough to render me hung over in the morning, even a little bit, then I am drinking too much to dive. A major factor in a hangover is dehydration, and dehydration is a major contributor to DCS.

Christi:
Hmmm...someone want to take this question? :wink:

Well, I've dove with a variety of shops over the years including Studio Blue, Deep Blue, Liquid Blue, Blue Angel, Living Underwater, Caribbean Divers, Aldora, Careyitos, Dive Paradise (one time in 2001), Aqua Safari, Dive Palancar, and Blue Bubble. But most of the time when I'm diving these days, I dive off a small six pack called SHAMU! :wink:

I hang out in the afternoons Mon - Fri from 3:00 to 8:00 on 5th Ave. between Calle 13 y Calle 15 next to the dentist office and internet cafe...near Chedraui. Feel free to stop by and say "hola." I'm always happy to meet fellow Scuba Boarders :)

Great ! Il'l stop by and say hello.

Good Viz,
George :thumb:

Many thanks. He's pretty much bulletproof, so now I can worry less.

I don't really know what the average person drinks. I just know I'm typically surrounded during the week by uptight people who clearly need to drink more. :wink:

ljs300:
Many thanks. He's pretty much bulletproof, so now I can worry less.

I don't really know what the average person drinks. I just know I'm typically surrounded during the week by uptight people who clearly need to drink more. :wink:

NO ONE is "bullet proof" when it comes to diving....not the right attitude to have. We are not talking about football, or basketball, or baseball...we are talking about SCUBA Diving...much different animal.

Anything more than a couple of drinks the night before a dive is too much in my opinion. Yes, it is a vacation...but when SCUBA diving, a choice needs to be made...partying or diving, but not both...it can be a deadly combination.

Sorry...off my :soapbox: now :)

Christi:
NO ONE is "bullet proof" when it comes to diving....not the right attitude to have. We are not talking about football, or basketball, or baseball...we are talking about SCUBA Diving...much different animal.

Anything more than a couple of drinks the night before a dive is too much in my opinion. Yes, it is a vacation...but when SCUBA diving, a choice needs to be made...partying or diving, but not both...it can be a deadly combination.

Sorry...off my :soapbox: now :)

Gonna try to dive with your operation on Friday morning, July 1st. I will contact you at the internet cafe during the week, hopefully I will be able to meet you then. I will be staying at the Barracuda, it's a hop and a skip to the cafe, so it shouldn't be hard. See ya then.

Good Viz,
George :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom