• OMS

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • Zeagle

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 47 14.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon fans..I voted Halcyon
I have Explorer 40lb

OMS

Used Zeagle Ranger for years. When I made "the transfer" I bought an OMS IQ pack and a DR Transpack II on ebay. Used them both and prefered the OMS. (I admit the DR was a tad small so that did influence my choice)

Once I ditched the OMS IQ harness and threaded $12 worth of webbing and a few d-rings around the plate I found my ideal choice.

I have looked at every possible wing while dry and still don't see a reason to change from what I have. If money were not an issue I would think about some of the other ones out there for warm water dives. I can't see giving up my OMS for the colder stuff though.

i have a dive rite ss plate, because it was cheap on ebay. turned out it was local to my brother, too, so no postage!

and a kraken al plate, 'cause he was nice enough to make me one.

and a halcyon singles wing, 'cause jason b sold it to me when he went to doubles.

and a deep outdoors doubles wing, 'cause someone on sb sold it to me CHEAP!

and i've used a dr classic doubles wing, too.

hmm, haven't paid retail for any of them. guess i'm cheaper than i thought!

Before you jump at me I was not implying I use OMS in the warm water. I have a really old Zeagle wing for that.

I dive a Hammerhead BP and STA with a 30lb. Oxycheq Mach V for the cold lakes up here. I also just bought an Oxycheq travel plate of E-Bay for a smokin price and am waiting for my 2nd Mach V to show up.
Kelly

pioneer 36 single tank
6#stainless tank that I cut slots into.
planning on a halcyon for dubs

They are all very similiar and feel much the same underwater. I like the one that gives me the best price and service.

Jarrett:
I'm just curious as its hard to get a gauge just reading through the posts.

Who's your favorite BP/W maker and if you feel like it, tell us why as well. If you mix and match plates and wings (or use another manufacturer), please check other and provide info on that setup and preferably why you went that route.

Jarrett:

Just buy one and end your pain. There's not enough difference in them to make a hill-of-beans.

I walked into my LDS talked with the owners tried one on and bought it . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom