DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive plenty of caves with restrictions. It’s no big deal. At all. I’ll post a link to ya boi going through the same restriction as traditionally-configured CCR dudes and taking the exact same amount of time to slide through. 2:11 for the interested viewer-
Applicable to wreck diving, too. 50s on the side is the same size as a set of 104s. Again, nbd.

Switch to it every depth change? Yeah right.View attachment 726774

I’m no stranger to deep wrecks, especially stuff in the Gulf Stream 30+ mi offshore with ripping currents. 50s for bailout backmounted, two 40s for deco, and go. When we did the Amberjack project a few years ago that thing was 350’+ to the bottom. Big sinkhole far offshore. Mostly an open water dive. Easy peasy.

Again, this isn’t some radical new config. We’ve been doin this for 20 years and it works. See: Mars, Atlanta, Egaldi, Ghost Fishing, MCEP, WKPP, GUE’s Guanxi project, EKPP, Portofino Divers, GUE Ontario, AKEP, and others I’m sure I missed.

We be doin this. A lot.
Terrific video.

Nice to see the tools for the job being used. RB80 with twin backmount. What was the rebreather with the sidemounted cylinders?

It was written by Jarrod Jablonski, nearly twenty years ago.
Ok probably right.. is there a new bakers dozen? I haven't really kept track.
Jarrod Jablonski always seemed more levelheaded from what I have read. But I haven't kept up...
Until a few years a go I hadn't heard of ratio deco... which really blew my mind abit... considering I don't do math well in my head....

So as this thread suggests us non gue divers. Do get interested in how gue divers do things,,, I didn't know that gue divers were using shearwater as a type of redundancy...
you guys need to own the past so it's clear as mud... not random articles in different places on the web, and possibly write a new DIR book.
As I said I really did enjoy it and learned alot,
wish I had read it before or soon after my OW course ,

Attachments

• 660985-d07812571ea9597027e261997c86e8ac.jpg
    660985-d07812571ea9597027e261997c86e8ac.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 50
Jarrod Jablonski always seemed more levelheaded from what I have read. But I haven't kept up...
Until a few years a go I hadn't heard of ratio deco... which really blew my mind abit... considering I don't do math well in my head....

So as this thread suggests us non gue divers. Do get interested in how gue divers do things,,, I didn't know that gue divers were using shearwater as a type of redundancy...
you guys need to own the past so it's clear as mud... not random articles in different places on the web, and possibly write a new DIR book.
The new version of Fundamentals of Better Diving was released in 2021: The Fundamentals of Better Diving (2021)

We’ve been working hard to make information more available to the general public through InDepth, an online magazine from Global Underwater Explorers

And GUE.tv (which, unfortunately you need to subscribe to, but is a really fantastic resource)

Fundies dives are shallow NDL. Quite different from decompression dives which are frequently deeper..

Yes they’re not teaching you how deco is done but there is a section in both the reading and the presentation about GUEs stance on computers.

The updated Fundamentals of Better Diving book came out last year.

We’ve been working hard to make information more available to the general public through InDepth, an online magazine from Global Underwater Explorers

Not to be obnoxious... but is everything here GUE approve with in reason?
Here's A screenshot of a top article that I quickly cruised through....
Screenshot_20220606-095643_Samsung Internet.jpg
Seems alot of this thread was sorta a fight over this very topic,,,,
This is why it can be very confusing what is what with gue.

I kinda get not jumping on a fad in diving,,,
Give it time and we'll see what happens
process...

I mean with most things I am 20 years behind in technology, as well.....

Not to be obnoxious... but is everything here GUE approve with in reason?
Here's A screenshot of a top article that I quickly cruised through....
View attachment 726856
Seems alot of this thread was sorta a fight over this very topic,,,,
This is why it can be very confusing what is what with gue.

I kinda get not jumping on a fad in diving,,,
Give it time and we'll see what happens
process...

I mean with most things I am 20 years behind in technology, as well.....

This is a blog post. While I appreciate Neal for his knowledge and expertise in recompression therapy, he’s not a DIR guy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom