Why do you dive?

What are the mean reasons you dive?

• I dive because I like the diving by itself

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • I dive because I enjoy what I see under water

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • I dive because of another reason (please indicate which reason!)

Votes: 23 21.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive because I can.

The local pond doesn't have much to see. But that's not really the point. It's still more fun than most other things I could be doing, even when just practicing skills. Diving at home lets me enjoy the tropical/exotic location diving even more when I get there.

In other words, just keep diving.:wink:

But if I can see nothing then forget it; I'd be better off in a pool. I think for most people there must be a chance of seeing or experiencing something more than a pool environment.
The ocean near here has zero viz. If you put you hand in the water you will not see it.

The equipment is a bit cool but I'd rather that I could dive without the equipment. If only I had gills.

Cold, warm, lake, ocean, river -- all these are okay even if I see no creatures but at least I want to see the topography.

I will try most anyplace once if I have at least 2 meter viz.

I dive because I love it!! I love the feeling of being under the water, I love the challenges of each dive, I love the fact that no to dives are ever the same and I love to see everything there is to see, wrecks and life alike.

I prefer wrecks but still never fail to be amazed by the simple things. For example this week we dived in Falmouth, Cornwall. It was a mixture of reef and wreck dives and on one of the reef dives my buddy and I came around the side of the reef to be faced with a sheer wall of rock absolutely covered in jewel anenomes of every colour!! It was amazing! So simple yet so beautiful. On the wreck dives we saw more than anyone else on the trip because we poke around, we look into things and under things and see things no one else saw. For anyone who thinks UK diving is boring and devoid of life you couldn't be more wrong, you just have to look for it and that is half the fun!

:) I dive because its like a drug habit. When Im underwater everything goes away. There are no bills underwater there are no nagging women underwater. There are no police or government officials underwater.(If you have any of these things underwater STOP DIVING and seek professional help) Its hard to explain, but when Im underwater I feel like I fit or something phylisophical like that. Okay, gotta stop Im getting excited and my gear is on the boat!

I am a reincarnated Otter...

I started diving because it was another adventure, another challenge. And once I saw what kind of adventures lay underwater, I was captivated. I love watching a whole other world go about their business under water. I'm in awe of the majestic ocean which can be rough on top but once under, its so tranquil and exhilarating. I loved seeing a ship wreck that looked small compared to the massive ocean floor. I love knowing that there's so much to explore so much to see and so many challenges ahead. But I do have preferences, and that's warm ocean waters. But perhaps that's because I haven't experienced lake diving yet. So much to do..

Hi

I enjoy diving to explore a new environment. It is a good excuse to travel to new places. I particular like being underwater as there are no pagers, cell phones, or intercoms.

Safe diving

Ron

When someone else dives for me, it doesn't quite feel the same.
I still get to record the dive in my log book though...Whoops!!!.
I probably shouldn't have said that. Blast! I will have to take 10,000 dives off now......
:(
Cheers all wet behind the ears Ears,
There can be only one,
The Gasman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom