Why do you hate your wireless carrier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting the right person on the phone makes a HUGE difference- the problem is it usually takes a really long time to get to that person!

When I first switched to Sprint from Nextel, we left the phone with Nextel and just switched the wireless card to Sprint. The Nextel internet service was TERRIBLY slow. This was shortly after Sprint and Nextel started the whole "togetherness" thing. So they had a deal that if you had an existing Sprint phone but were adding a new Sprint data plan, you'd get the wireless card for free. I was on the phone for probably 2 hours all together- call backs, transfers, and the like- but FINALLY I got someone who got me the deal using my Nextel phone as the existing phone and crediting the Sprint data plan as a new plan, even though we'd already had a Nextel data plan. She got it for me free.

(and in case the evil Sprint gnomes are tracking this thread- we had to replace the free Sprint card when we replaced the lap top last December- new laptops don't use the old style card)

But it was really tiresome trying to get to the right person.

Same thing goes for cell phone companies, insurance companies, and banks in my experience!

i can't afford to hate mine. it's the only service in the area. :( the part i hate most is that i loved my previous phone # but couldn't keep it. my vonage is also long distance to everyone.

i live in the sticks.

i live in the sticks.

no wonder you are so good at rock, paper, scissors...

Rock

Though my current carrier is tolerable my previous turned into a nightmare! :11: My service got canceled one day and when I called to find out why I was informed that I had died.

They had received a call that I had died some time ago but since I had auto pay my next of kin, kept the phone going for awhile. It turns out they gave someone all the info they had on me.:shakehead: It cost me a lot of time to do some very fast damage control and I got lucky. I kept calling the company for explanations and why did they release info over the phone without some evidence I had actually died. No apologies only that they will now request a death certificate. Finally, they got tired of my requests to speak with someone at the vice-president level or above and dropped me as a customer.

As to which company I will only say that it has already been mentioned in this thread.

scissors!

damn. but yeah, that's what we do here in the sticks...it's scintillating.

Though my current carrier is tolerable my previous turned into a nightmare! :11: My service got canceled one day and when I called to find out why I was informed that I had died.

I almost peed my pants when I read that: :rofl3:

scissors!

Shouldn't you have said paper? I'm not very good at this game. When my husband plays, he comes up with a intercontinental ballistic missile which he insists isn't cheating (represented by the pointer finger- not the other finger). It's surviving :shakehead:

yeah, but i always win so i threw one. :wink:

Ditto Mudbug. When my service runs out in August, Sprint/Nextel are GONE

yeah, but i always win so i threw one. :wink:

You are so kind....Paper

btw; I have Verizon and no problems with them . :D

Back
Top Bottom