Why no computers for DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai once bubbled...

Why would a board have activists as moderators?
A moderator is also a member Chris, and in most cases an "active" moderator in a thread does not moderate others within the thread...

You missed all the excitement with Popeye didn't you...

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

...just try calling someone a stroke and see what happens. :D
I'm pretty sure Big-T's a stroke :D:D

Ok there may be a technical limitation that says you cant moderate a thread that your active in, however there is still the original point. One would *think* that moderators would be level headed, moderate people... not extreme activists.

You may not be able to moderate this thread, but your title still goes forth and is embarrasing.

chrpai once bubbled...
Ok there may be a technical limitation that says you cant moderate a thread that your active in, however there is still the original point. One would *think* that moderators would be level headed, moderate people... not extreme activists.

You may not be able to moderate this thread, but your title still goes forth and is embarrasing.

I don't know what planet you're orbiting there bubba, but noway was Pug's post anything to be embarrested about. He was actually very tactful, as he always is.

Get over it

chrpai once bubbled...

Relax. If you read any of Pug's posts, you'll realize that he is 99% of the time making comments in jest, not insulting someone. If someone makes a claim, expect they will be called out on it, though.

chrpai once bubbled...

Stating that you don't thind someone is qualified to answer a question makes you an extreme activist? Cut me a break Chris.

UP is a very vocal proponent to diving without a computer, so it would seem is more qualified to answer the question than someone else. He is also a moderator. What else am I missing? There must be something else if you're getting your panties all in a wad, right?!

Soggy once bubbled...
Relax. If you read any of Pug's posts, you'll realize that he is 99% of the time making comments in jest, not insulting someone.

Not to mention the fact that he used a smilie!

For example, "Why would I take drysuit advice from someone named Soggy? :D" See, no harm, no foul!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom