• The big message at the top of the page

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • After lurking I decided to start here

Votes: 24 16.4%
  • A search engine lead me right here

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I don't remember why

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My first post was made before this forum existed!

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By here I assume you mean Intro & Greets.......Mine wasn't I posted there about 2 days after I began posting to other threads. Post only to formaly introduce myself.

miketsp:
The poll is missing an option - I never posted in this forum because a search engine lead me directly to a forum in which I was interested and I registered to participate.
On all my early visits I just used the search option and never even spotted this forum.
Probably my twisted way of doing it differently.

Exactly!

Then I saw this forum afterwards and apologised for doing things backwards...

Definitely the PM Welcome message for me. I've been on many other boards, know the system, know a bit about scuba, but wouldn't normally think of introducing myself right away :10:

I don't remember there being a "nag" pop-up when I made my first post, but I think I lurked for just a day or two. I try to take a look at most of the posts here and generally reply to those that are reasonably written (I hate bad grammar) and nearly always post a reply if the person has similar (non-diving) interests or lives in the GLWC area.

-Rob

New to this board but wanting to learn as much as I can from other divers. I think this will be a place that I can find out about Dive equipment and Dive Sites. I mostly dive in Florida but we will be going to the Bahamas next year and I would like to know of some good dites. About the equipment? I have IST Regulators and BCD, I used them down in Florida with no problems. I love them and for my first purchase they were very inexpensive. Since I dive in Florida I went ahead and bought my tank down there and saved myself $40 , they want $159 in missouri. I have four daughters so money is tight and I have to watch how much I spend, that is why I shop around for things. Hope that this board can help me with that and find some cool fellow divers.

The reason I made my first post here is I got this message when I logged on "Hello SpaceCoastDiver,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions and Greets forum. With over 20,000 users and more than a half million posts across dozens of categories Scuba Board is a great place to find answers to all of your scuba questions or just chat with other divers."

Just joined to tap into the wealth of knowledge that seems to be on this board. I can always use some opinions on gear, travel, and training. Look forward to benefitting from the experience of others.

Back
Top Bottom