Will work for air...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are for or aganst land use?...I do a lot of remediation work on FUDS and such.

Accountant that looks at the numbers. Most of the time they add up (except for ENRON) ...... thank god I wasn't a part of that mess. Paying you your individual dive habit isn't two bad, but then add in one exwife, one current wife, two kids and a son-in-law that want you to pay for everything ...... you need help .... one time I left a note on the kitchen table ...... have gone to California be back later.

Musician and sometime scuba instructor.
Neil

I work in the advertising agency biz on a major automotive account as a professional babysitter (clients, creative team, bosses, etc.). I've been told most people would give their right arm to have my job, except I don't need a third arm, so that's not a good trade for me. Besides, most days, I love my job. What's not to love: I don't have to play grown-up dress-up to come to work, I don't necessarily have to sit in my chair at my desk all day, sometimes I even get to go out and shoot TV commercials or print ads, but best of all, everyday is a new day with new experiences, so it's hard to be bored (if I do get bored, I jump on SB and have day-long entertainment revolving around my favourite thing in life!).

The job sorta pays for diving, but not enough, so I went and got myself a lovely boyfriend who owns a dive shop! LOL OK, that's not how it went: I happened to meet him in his shop, and I *do* work for air: I DM and help out in the shop on weekends. My brother calls me a 'dive ho' and is actively searching for ways to become one himself.

WC, I too am always interested in what people do for a living and what they do to support their diving addiction: it's amazing how varied it is. There's a whole big world out there that my high school guidance counsellor clearly didn't know about!! (I know, I know, I should get over it and forgive the poor guy after all these years...high school *is* a dim distant memory for me after all; heck, university is a distant memory too! LOL)

real job: travel analysis and several other things to pay for food and kid's uni
to pay for the fix: I teach diving
dream job: b&b in the caymans or similar

.... and i want to learn to speak vulcan... :)

Wildcard:
Im sure this has been done here sometime before, most things have, but here it goes again. What do y'all do to pay for the dive habit? Some people have strange jobs, fun to hear about them! And what id your dream job?
hey Wildcard.... how about you answer your questions, pls??? :)

Me? Im Wildcard, I do a little of everything. Firts job of choice is Paramedic, thats what I do most. Right now, doing EOD (explosive ordnance disposal aka bomb squad) stuff. ALso have done, Firefighter, sub school teacher, truck/bus driver, all kinds of HAZMAT stuff, site safety on oil rigs, comm fisherman (F/V Wildcard), pounded a few nails, USFS forest techand some other stuff. Dream job is chopper pilot. I think Im going to start on that next.
Keep it coming folks, y'all have some jobs people never think of.

I'm a technology type person. My background is in mail systems, end user education, solution design and system deployment.

Right now, I do 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support for all the technology on a cruise ship. I'm covering someone else's run right now, but in a week or so I'll be back on my ship. It puts me in Cayman once a week and in Cozumel every other week and gives me a crew discount diving in those places. I generally dive about 6 tanks every two weeks....definately a perk to the job :D

My dream job? Who knows....I've got a couple things in my head. I really enjoy being the point person in solution design... (speaks to the client re: the business problem, does the analysis and drafts a solution....then pulls the right folks together to put it together)

I'd also like to do something in the education system. There's so much money being poored into our school systems to put technology in the classrooms and soooo many teachers who don't know what to do with it. Developing some kind of curriculum for teachers would be a fun project.

Real job is a line crew foreman at the power company. Just one of those guys that keeps your lights on and your beer cold!
Part time scuba instructor at the local college.
Dream job would be a photo journalist for a travel magazine.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom