Worst ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty once bubbled...
...our buddy Leo. Didn't he just take his mom cave diving over in Hawaii? I seem to recall hearing that on the morning gossip report a few weeks back.
I did a search for our buddy Leo and couldn't find mention of him on the board...the original poster says this celeb has been mentioned on the board...

Give us a hint...is it a movie celeb, music celeb, or diving celeb??

I step away for a bit to get some work done :wink: and I come back to a thread full of speculation.

I guess this is what it feels like to be a tease. :D

Ok - all wrong so far. I doubt he's in the tax bracket of Bill Gates, but any multi-millionaire in my book is a "Mr. Bazillionaire".

Nobody has any "worst" stories, eh?

Ok, I guess celebrity dive gossip is just a good a topic as any.

That's hardly a hint... was it Netdoc? Uncle Pug? I know...Northeastwrecks...he's a rich, powerful attorney that likes to yell at people...

A husband and wife in OW class. He's an attorney, she is a doc. He informed me he didn't have to sign the liability waiver since he was an attorney, she informed me she didn't have to sign the medical form because she was a doc.

When i explained to them it was required for all students, by the agency, before any in water activities could begin i was informed i could be sued if i made them sign the forms.

Precious time later, after discussing that i'm not making them sign the forms, that they can either choose to fill out the required paperwork on their own or not take the class, i was informed i could be sued if i didn't teach them, signed forms or not.

I think you get the drift by now. A half hour of my life i'll never get back!

Speaking of whiny celebs, I remember someone mentioning Jeff Gordon and his poor bouyancy skills at one time, not too long ago.

notabob once bubbled...
Speaking of whiny celebs, I remember someone mentioning Jeff Gordon and his poor bouyancy skills at one time, not too long ago.
They said "celebrity"...I was thinking movie star, athlete, or rock star...not someone that drives a car around a track...anyone can do that..

:hiding:

O-ring once bubbled...
That's hardly a hint... was it Netdoc? Uncle Pug? I know...Northeastwrecks...he's a rich, powerful attorney that likes to yell at people...

Dear Mr. O-Ring:

This office represents Northeastwrecks in connection with your libelous publication dated....:wink:

No, I dive to relax. I don't yell when I'm relaxing. And I don't think that I qualify as either rich or powerful.

But thanks for the kind thoughts.

The worst student I ever worked with was a 350 lb, 5', 7" diabetic.

He came to us for buoyancy and other continuing ed after being certified by another LDS. He lied about his condition by failing to disclose that he was diabetic.

The first time I dove with him, I had the misfortune to be closest when he couldn't get into his wetsuit. Getting him zipped was like stuffing a jar of Marshmallow Fluff into a baggie. One word, EEEWWWWWWW!!!

Then he informed us that he had hurt his ankle on the drive down and couldn't carry his gear. We took turns carrying his rig. That's fun when you're wearing doubles. I like carrying a 40 lb weight belt for someone else.

During that dive, he panicked and took the instructor on a ride to the surface. The instructor had moderate barotrauma as a result, but he did keep the guy from coming clear out of the water on his ascent.

We put him in the pool for a few more hours at no charge, then took him out again. This time, we told him to carry his own gear as he admitted that his ankle had healed.

As we approached the water by walking down a ramp, he lean over, puked and fell over. The instructor and I carried him to the parking lot and administered first aid. His wife informed us that he was diabetic and that his sugar had been way off that morning. He was revived and refused transport in an Ambulance.

We terminated him as a student and banned him from the shop.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

Dear Mr. O-Ring:

This office represents Northeastwrecks in connection with your libelous publication dated....:wink:

No, I dive to relax. I don't yell when I'm relaxing. And I don't think that I qualify as either rich or powerful.

But thanks for the kind thoughts.
You know I was pullin' your leg..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom