worst REG...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK2 with a 190 is my reg of choice. They may very well be the most common reg out there for good reason, they are bulletproof.

plot:
Goto your LDS and look to see what they're using on pool/OW rigs. That's probably close to your worst reg.

Our LDS had us using Atomic B1's in the pool & checkouts. Then when we started renting from them they turned into Genesis regs:11doh:

Guess it worked though. We just ordered two sets of B2's...

My shop uses the 'worst' reg they sell, then hope people will buy the more expensive ones becuase they breath better.

plot:
Goto your LDS and look to see what they're using on pool/OW rigs. That's probably close to your worst reg.

I know a LDS that rents the Atomic Z line and at the end of the year they overhaul the reg and sell it used for a reduced price. Good way to make a lot of money on one top quality reg...

Cheers.

-J.-

akscubainst:
MK17/S555???? That's what my pool/rental regs are. :D
Trying real hard to tell myslef I need that setup for diving AK. All the research I did says thats the ticket. OTH my Mk2 has done fine sofar.

I don't remmeber the model of the reg but it was a dacor. The 2nd stage was all rubber..if you squeezed it too tight it was like a sponge. If you tilted your head back even slightly while upright it was like trying to suck air through a pinhole. But I went down, looked aroun, and came up without sying or getting bent so i guess it probaly isn't the absolute worst out there.

It doesn't matter if it is a $10,000.00 or a $10.00 reg. It's the one that doesn't work.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom