Worst visibility ever!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TerryTat:
A few weeks ago they were reporting 20 foot viz.... more like 20 inches..... I dont trust the site tooo much anymore....

I love Gordie, but he has been purposefully "exaggerating vis" reports to get more business. I think he's lonely due to all the rain.

Get ready, more rain coming.

The never ending So Cal winter 2005. The year that had the only reported -10 feet of visibility, surely a year that will live in infamy.

JDog:
The never ending So Cal winter 2005. The year that had the only reported -10 feet of visibility, surely a year that will live in infamy.
This one wasn't a great diving winter, but the year from recent memory that comes to mind on the infamy front was 2003 ... green, green water that started in spring and kept right on rolling up to about Halloween ...

It's to bad that the reports have been exagerated.... I have to drive from the inland empire... and I depend on the accuracy of these reports to determine where I'm going. The last time the viz was reported the best in a long time... 20 plus. We went in the morning.... and the viz was horrible... the afternoon report said the same thing... 20 feet plus from a diver who supposedly just got out of the water. I was so mad I wouldnt even by a long sleeve t shirt they had for sale... even though I really liked it.

Frank O:
This one wasn't a great diving winter, but the year from recent memory that comes to mind on the infamy front was 2003 ... green, green water that started in spring and kept right on rolling up to about Halloween ...
Good winter for Snowboarding(see my name). Board when theres good snow, Surf when theres good waves, dive when theres none!...hay maybe I'll make that my signature

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom