Wreck Penetration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter once bubbled...

What we probably do first, for your benifit as well as for us to get to know you and your style, is something like the Poinciana (Jim Atria), a lite mix dive, about 130', but with real nice penetration potential, and local without travel. Likely we buddy you with one of our more experienced folks and let your team lead the dive.

Assuming you do well there we progress to something like the Speigel Grove, a tad shallower but more extensive penetration, lots of turns and deck level changes.

From there we go a bit deeper, probably Northern Light in Key Largo, a fairly easy penetration but full dark zone at 190 fsw.

Do well there, you're in and we go diving.

Tom

Now my mouth is watering for my mix training. Oh well to far away to think about.

I still hope to get to dive with you some time.

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...

Now my mouth is watering for my mix training. Oh well to far away to think about.

I still hope to get to dive with you some time.

Chad

So when are you coming back to FL? I'm going to try to do a day with the wreckmania group and am generally available with a bit of notice.

Tom

I will be with the Wreckmania group so that is a definate possiblity.

I also might be back in Lauderdale for a conference in June, July or August. They haven't set a date yet and even when they do I don't know for sure that I will be sent. If I go I intend to go back out with Capt. Ron on the Lady-Go-Diver as I had a great time with them last time. They were a great group to do my first boat dive with. Thanks for the recommendation.

Chad

Tom,

Thanks for the info. I looked at your profile and saw the pic from Cristian (Neptune). We have been in touch about going diving.

Jim Atria. I did that dive 2 times and remember very little. I did grab a lobster from under the hull. We were all swimming by and one of my buddies pointed at it. I swam up to it and grabbed it. To my suprise it didn't move. It must have been more narced than me. Having no lobster gear on me. I just carried him around for the rest of the dive.

Here are some pics from that day:(That's me with the red jacket)
http://68.152.17.166/gallery/feb20-00_atria/feb20deepwreck.html

I see what you mean about having mix training : )

So...Having mix training and Cave Training.

My next step would be to do a check out dive with more experienced wreck divers.

Sort of a Mentoring/Check out process?

Then more complex dives with the same objectives.

That sounds pretty good for some one that has Cave Training.

What would we do if someone only had Mix training?

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
I will be with the Wreckmania group so that is a definate possiblity.

I also might be back in Lauderdale for a conference in June, July or August. They haven't set a date yet and even when they do I don't know for sure that I will be sent. If I go I intend to go back out with Capt. Ron on the Lady-Go-Diver as I had a great time with them last time. They were a great group to do my first boat dive with. Thanks for the recommendation.

Chad

There's been some changes. Rob no longer has Lady Go Diver, not sure what he's running now. I'll be at the wreckmania thing on the first weekend day, whatever day that is :)

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom