Wrinkles Dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While not everyone can attend Saturday I have the feeling that if you alternate Sat/Sun a few people are going to end up diving by themselves (or just going home) when they show up on the wrong day! The benefit of a fixed schedule and fixed rotations is for planning; if I know there will always be a wrinkles dive on the third Sat of any month I can plan around it and remember if; if the day changes every few months I loose that benefit. Obviously we want a way to include some dives with people who can't make it Saturday and that may mean more events once summer hits.

The benefit of presetting the dates is pretty clear... people can plan things out and we can even have our dives set on the SoCal calendar for an entire month. The benefits are clear and now that we are getting into early spring/ summer it seems like a safe idea.

I have another thought about Sundays.

We could rotate in an entire dive weekend from time to time.

In December, we had a Wrinkles Dive weekend at Leo Carrillo which included both Saturday and Sunday. It seemed to work out nicely and people came out for both days with a few only coming on Saturday or Sunday.

We camped at Leo Carrillo and it was a lot of fun.

So for example, this would offer the benefit of always knowing that it takes place on the 3rd Saturday of every month, but still gets Sundays into the picture.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw another idea on the table.

Christian

Ok, so that's it then, every third Sat of the month, good job Christian. Finally there is some structure to my life.

Yes KelpHelper, we all have one of those........I'm thinking of getting two more. Imagine how clean my house will be, or not???

headhunter:
I have another thought about Sundays.

We could rotate in an entire dive weekend from time to time.

Christian
Great idea...love it!!!

Okay, now we're talkin'. Every third Saturday, and then throw in a dive/camping weekend now and then. People can show up Sat, or Sun, or both.

Great idea Christian! Makes it easy to plan, and no more polls and discussions.

Ok, wait a second, don't we need to have a poll to select a committe to create a poll to decide a date? And what about leap years? Oh my gosh, is no one in middle management here? :wink:

3rd saturday of the month works for me.

DvrRick:
Ok, wait a second, don't we need to have a poll to select a committe to create a poll to decide a date? And what about leap years? Oh my gosh, is no one in middle management here? :wink:

3rd saturday of the month works for me.

ROFL!!!!

So this thread has been up for almost a week and it is sounding like most people are liking the idea of the 3rd Saturday of every month with a Saturday and Sunday thrown into the mix occasionally.

Can we just decide on the 3rd Saturday of every month part and then figure out how the full weekend part should be rotated into the mix later? Do we need to have a poll for this or can we just run with the responses in this thread?

Let me know how you all want to handle this.

Christian

Go ahead Christian, this is not a democracy, 3rd Saterday every month.

Back
Top Bottom