Wrinkles Dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
Gee, I thought the title of this thread meant that Wrinkles was dating someone.

I for one would enjoy a fixed calendar. It might give me a better opportunity to attend some of the mainland dives. Looks like I'll even miss the March dive here on the island since I'll be diving the Florida Keys. Sniff.

Dr. Bill

You are too cute. I cant wait to dive with you again. Hope to see you soon.

I think the Third Sat of every month sounds great!!!!

Sigh....the 3rd weekend of the month is already spoken for -- I get monthly lobotomies -- I guess I'll never get to dive a Wrinkles Dive again :cry:

headhunter:
Can we just decide on the 3rd Saturday of every month part and then figure out how the full weekend part should be rotated into the mix later? Do we need to have a poll for this or can we just run with the responses in this thread?
Christian
...I advocate for running with the responses :redcap: and getting on with the diving! :banana:

Thanks for asking!:unclesam:

P.S. Just read Otter's post...no insurance covers repeat lobotomies, so I know that part is in jest! But, can you REALLY not ever come diving on the third Saturday of the month? Speak up before they anesthetize you again!!

The third weekend of the month is generally when our Scout Troop goes camping, so you can now better understand my reference to 'losing my mind'.

If its all the same to everyone else, can we make it the 2nd weekend?

Otter:
The third weekend of the month is generally when our Scout Troop goes camping, so you can now better understand my reference to 'losing my mind'.

If its all the same to everyone else, can we make it the 2nd weekend?
I'm good with the 2nd weekend. So, we would make it the 2nd Saturday of every month.

This may actually be a better weekend anyway as I look through the calendar. I'm thinking that when we get to Thanksgiving and Christmas people will want to leave for vacation. So, it may be better to have our dive be just a bit further away from those holidays. I know that this last December people were unable to attend because it was too late in the month and therefore too close to the Christmas holiday.

I was also wondering if the 3rd weekend would run into things like Pasley's reservist duties. And we can't have Wrinkles dives that Pasley could never make it to anymore than we could have Wrinkles dives scheduled at a time when Wrinkles could never make it. After all, Pasley was the one who officially called for the first Wrinkles dive!

So... is everyone cool with having it be the 2nd Saturday of every month?

Christian

2nd weekend works for me. 3rd works too. 1st works too. 4th works too.

Or we could ask Tech Admin to set up a random number generator, kinda like the countdown timer, and spin the wheel each month to see which one wins.

Though I'm also kinda partial to the idea of a secret location, kinda like a "rave", where you don't know the location until the day of the event, and we all call Christian and he gives us the surprise location.

By the way, I'm kidding on the random and surprise stuff....

Second Weekend works for me!

Ok dammit, the second weekend then.............

Second Sunday or Third Sunday, Saturday is a bit busy when you run a company.

ShakaZulu:
Ok dammit, the second weekend then.............
OK, I have a new plan: I'll adopt Jim's recommendation for planned random activity and automatically parrot whatever Roy says! And then I'll show up to dive wherever and whenever Christian says! Hey...this could work out..."OK dammit, the second weekend then....."
Oh boy, I love changing my way of living all at once!!! I feel so FREEEEE... :439:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom