Wrinkles October '07 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everybody,

Sorry about the long silence. That's a long story, which I'll share later.

After a few missed communications, we have a solid plan.

Thanks to Gordy at Laguna Sea Sports, we will be using his shop as our Dive Headquarters this Saturday. It's only a couple of blocks away from where we usually park. In fact, I may park in the same place and just walk over to Laguna Sea Sports.

We can still dive many of the spots that we usually dive, but the construction won't allow us to use the ususal spot for our BBQ.

So, everything is the same except for the location and even that's close.

The pot luck BBQ is still on and Gordy even has a BBQ for us to use. He's having an OW class at the pool that day, so let's be mindful of that and try to stay out of their way.

Please park your cars on the street, so that we don't take up the Laguna Sea Sports parking lot.

Since many of us will be arriving before they open, we'll just meet up and plan out dives in the parking lot. Bring some folding chairs, so we can all sit around and hang out during out SI!

I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

Christian

Wow I've been busy... finally had a chance to check the thread.

Thanks Christian for getting the new venue lined up. I'm looking forward to getting back into the water this Saturday and I hope more people are able to make it.

Glad all the details have been worked out. Will see you guys on saturday :auto:

Be aware that there is also construction currently underway on the path to Shaw's Cove. While there is still access to the beach, some of the prime parking spots have been reserved for the construction equipment.

In other words, the area around LSS is popular with divers and beach goers .... especially on weekends. There are fewer parking spots currently available than there would normally be. Plan accordingly.

Guys, the Wrinkles Dives are so utterly important to introduce new divers to our sport. I have prior commitments otherwise you KNOW I would be there.

We experienced divers have an unwritten responsiblity to come out and dive with new divers to guide them along.

There is a LOT of talent behind the Orange Curtain. Can you guys scare up some time to come out and support Christian, Ted and the Wrinkles Crew?

I will reciprocate when Wrinkles moves up to Malibu.

Safe diving all and wishing you lake like conditions and a sunny day,

T

Thanks Tevis. Too bad you can't make it this time... but we'll still manage to have a good time! :D

I'm planning to join the doubles crew that are kicking out to Deadman's bright and early. Depending on the conditions, I may come back with B-Boy for a 2nd dive at Shaw's Cove.

Regardless, I'll stop at LSS and visit with the Wrinkles crowd for a while. Put me down for some chips.

So people showing up at 7am at the dive shop or what?

Ack please don't rain:water::sod:

Back
Top Bottom