Wrinkles October '07 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone! It was great to see so many faces today, old and new. The day started off rather murky but man did the weather take a turn for the better. Fairly good conditions, ok vis, and a whole lot of fun.

Hope to see you all in Catalina!

Divers in the water

1565686312_1e1b95b3c5.jpg

Surface conditions

1565687186_a9bddab510.jpg

Barely a cloud in the sky

It turned out to be another outstanding day!

The clouds and drizzle in the morning turned out to be the end of the rain and the sun shined beautifully in the afternoon. Underwater conditions were "good" and we got to show our friends from AZ some nudibranchs!

I want to shout out a healthy "Thank you" to Gordy at Laguna Sea Sports who was kind enough to offer us full run of his shop to hang out in and enjoy the day. That BBQ rocked! It was much nicer to have a BBQ that was bigger than 2 paper plates. :wink:

Gordy told me that the constuction along the beach that includes Heisler Park was scheduled to go on until late May. We know how these large scale projects often go longer than expected, so that will most likely cover our next event and maybe even our next 2 events at Laguna for February 9, 2008 and July 12, 2008.

Gordy has graciously offered his place for this.

I've got to say that I found that it was quite a bit easier to set up and tear down the event, since you can drive right into the parking lot and drop of your gear with the group. When it's over you drive right in and pick it up.

It was also much more centrally located for a wider variety of dive sites including Divers Cove, Fisherman's Cove, Shaw's Cove, South Crescent and North Cresent. I consider these all within walking distance of the shop. When I'm by myself I find myself parking by these and just walking to LSS for fills, so I know it's an easy walk from North Crescent since I usually do it in reverse after a dive.

It was great seeing you all there and I look forward to seeing many of you on Catalina Island next month!

Christian

Hey Guys,
It was fun hanging out in one more Wrinkles Dive. The dive was good, water wasn't too cold, the sun came out, met some new people. Very cool.
Thanks Ted and Christian for setting it all up, Laguna Sea Sports for the place, and Rick for buddying.

Here are some pics. Could you guys help me out IDing these pictures?

P1010056_resize.jpg

P1010018-done_resize.jpg

P1010030-done_resize.jpg

P1010029-done_resize.jpg

P1010023-done_resize.jpg

P1010045-done_resize.jpg

Thanks,
Yan

Hey Guys,
It was fun hanging out in one more Wrinkles Dive. The dive was good, water wasn't too cold, the sun came out, met some new people. Very cool.
Thanks Ted and Christian for setting it all up, Laguna Sea Sports for the place, and Rick for buddying.

Here are some pics. Could you guys help me out IDing these pictures?

Yan, the pleasure was all mine. Thanks for a great dive and for being an excellent dive buddy.

FYI, the last picture is a slimy little spot of muck on a rock. Just kidding :wink: It's a
a Tylodina Fungina ... a type of sea slug that thrives along that particular stretch of the reef. In fact, they get pretty big there due to the abundance of their favorite food ... yellow sulfur sponge. That particular specimen was fairy decent sized.

BTW, you didn't post any pics but the pink nudibranchs that we saw in great numbers are commonly refered to as Hopkins Rose.

FYI, the last picture is a slimy little spot of muck on a rock. Just kidding :wink: It's a
a Tylodina Fungina ... a type of sea slug that thrives along that particular stretch of the reef. In fact, they get pretty big there due to the abundance of their favorite food ... yellow sulfur sponge. That particular specimen was fairy decent sized.

BTW, you didn't post any pics but the pink nudibranchs that we saw in great numbers are commonly refered to as Hopkins Rose.

I love it when you give in and start talking nudi's....

Kim

I love it when you give in and start talking nudi's....

Kim

OK, "little yellow slime ball" ... that's my final answer :wink:

Back
Top Bottom