Wrinkles/Twinduct- Do you prefer to beach walk or swim??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwinDuct

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Me and Wrinkles met up today and were throwing the frisbee at Redondo Beach When a interesting question came up with both our own opinions. (I think my way is still right
wink.gif
Sorry Ana HAHA)

I guess this could pertain to any dive site. If you had a lot of beach to walk on in front of you to get to the dive site would you:

A: Hop in the water and take your time and swim to it.

B: Just walk on the beach sand till the dive site is in front of you.

We were discussing if you drove to the Beginning of the Redondo Beach strand and went down the walk path to the beach if you would rather just hop in the water and swim to Malaga Cove or walk down the beach to it.

If I goofed on anything chime in Ana at any time. The alcohol is taking it's effect LoL
biggrin.gif

Good to hear Ana was "beaching" it today. I heard it hit 76 on the mainland. We had some wind here but it was generally sunny and warm for winter. Ana, if you do check the thread, hope you have a great holiday!

As for diving Redondo, I've never actually done it... it's over there on "the Big Island."

76F???? Wow, that's warm!! It was below freezing last night here. Went to Monterey to dive off the Cypress Sea, and found ICE on the pier! ICE... in California at the beach!!!

Two gorgeous dives at Honeymoon Reef and Outer Pinnacles. Loads of Nudis and hydrocoral in every color. BTW, water temp was somewhere around 52F...:no:no:no

Thank God for drysuits... :rofl3::rofl3:

Almost forgot to answer your question... beachwalk...

Most of the time... I would say beach walk.
But in the heat of summer a casual, refreshing surface swim may be the best choice.

Me and Wrinkles met up today and were throwing the frisbee at Redondo Beach When a interesting question came up with both our own opinions. (I think my way is still right
wink.gif
Sorry Ana HAHA)

I guess this could pertain to any dive site. If you had a lot of beach to walk on in front of you to get to the dive site would you:

A: Hop in the water and take your time and swim to it.

B: Just walk on the beach sand till the dive site is in front of you.

We were discussing if you drove to the Beginning of the Redondo Beach strand and went down the walk path to the beach if you would rather just hop in the water and swim to Malaga Cove or walk down the beach to it.

If I goofed on anything chime in Ana at any time. The alcohol is taking it's effect LoL
biggrin.gif

I agree with jdog but if I was going to dive Malaga I would drive there & walk down the path to the water.

John

I agree with jdog but if I was going to dive Malaga I would drive there & walk down the path to the water.

John

At Malaga, it's not the walk down that's bad, it's the trek back up. Ugh. LOL!

Happy holidays everyone from Cozumel. With all the talk of temperature, I'm definitely appreciating the 81 degree water here this week. It's going to be tough coming back and diving our socal waters in a wetsuit again.

I'd walk, I think walking is almost always faster

scott

I'm the opposite.. Walking might be a little quicker, but I overheat in my drysuit, so swimming works best for me (unless its pretty cold outside :) )

I'd swim. Why would i want to carry all that heavy gear when the water could do it for me?

Did I read the question right?? If you were at Redondo Beach (Vet's) and wanted to go to Malaga, would you walk or swim there? There's no chance in hell I'd walk there!!! Walking down the stairs from the parking lot to Vet's....or down the hill from the parking lot to Malaga....is more than enough for me (but my rig does weigh almost as much as I do).

One of my favorite parts of the dive is when I enter the water and my gear all the sudden weighs nothing. From Vet's to Malaga, I'd drive....if that's not an option, I'd swim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom