Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Medic29

I don't see an announcement in the near future for the wrist version....This is a project that is in the works but no telling how far away it is. Sorry I did not have any dates for this right now. I will make sure to create a new forum once I do have some news on this.

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics

Hi Medic29

I don't see an announcement in the near future for the wrist version....This is a project that is in the works but no telling how far away it is. Sorry I did not have any dates for this right now. I will make sure to create a new forum once I do have some news on this.

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics

Ryan
Well...if you keep working, I will just keep waiting. :)

Unfortunately the Cobalt wrist got sidelined for a while- not our choice, but there have been a lot of projects cooking with the various Huish companies, and only so much could happen at one time. We just got the go-ahead to light the afterburners on this, so while I can't give a timeline I can say we are working as hard as we can to make this happen. No one is more anxious to see this ship than we are. I think when you see it you will understand why.

Ron

Standing by for future direction Houston...:wink:

Unfortunately the Cobalt wrist got sidelined for a while- not our choice, but there have been a lot of projects cooking with the various Huish companies, and only so much could happen at one time. We just got the go-ahead to light the afterburners on this, so while I can't give a timeline I can say we are working as hard as we can to make this happen. No one is more anxious to see this ship than we are. I think when you see it you will understand why.

Ron

Would love to see this this before next summer, when I pick up a new one. I Love my Cobalt 2, though missing Tri-mix is a bummer. I have to admit the interface and customization of the New Suunto Eon Steel are nice.

I hope You all are thinking out of the Box.

Ron
Hello Ron, If you're involved in the design on the wrist Cobalt I have one request. Every wrist compass analog or digital has one fault: the lubber line is perpendicular to the long axis to the arm. This means that to point the lubber line forward you have to swim with the elbow bent at an uncomfortable 90 degrees. With the digital compass it would be easy with software to have the angle of the lubber line settable in the options, so one can point the lubber line forward and have the elbow bent at a more comfortable angle.

For my SK7 analog compass I made a mount that has the lubber line at 45 degrees so I can keep my elbow bent at (90+45) degrees and the lubber line points forward.
Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom