X-tremescooters.com X-160

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only used it a few times on the surface. I haven't used it since May, but when I do I'll post.

I'm still on the fence about buying a second one.

I bought an X-Treme two years ago and it died after six (I think) outings. Gearbox was completely corroded, as was the control card. Eventually the company reimbursed my money, which I consider very lucky.

I have had a couple of x-treme scooters and use them regularly on dives. The first one was the X-150 200/250W which I used for a couple years in the Bahamas. Mostly < 60 feet. My current unit is the X-160 300/350W and as recently as three days ago did a 35' dive with no leaks. The battery life is about 45 minutes at full power - it seemed that I got more batt time with the older unit. I like it; I'm a 6'1" 265 pound diver and it pulls me just fine. I don't like the nad guard - it's thin plastic prone to breakage if mistreated and care must be made not to drop unit on the handle/wing. For $200, it's a pretty inexpensive DPV for the recreational diver. Oh, and it makes lobster hunting a lot quicker!!
:ppd:

I'd buy some junk like that! sounds like fun.

Please keep the reports coming.

oh! and good luck with further sea trials!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom